- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Andre Drummond Blown Away After Seeing Kevin Porter Jr.’s Vicious Slam
- Updated: July 16, 2020
After a slow start to his rookie season, Porter Jr. eventually found his footing as a potent offensive weapon. A teammate who is certainly impressed by Porter Jr.’s raw ability is Cavs big man Andre Drummond.
Drummond took to social media to respond to an impressive dunk that was completed by Porter Jr. back when he was a high school phenom.
While Porter Jr. was just a rookie during the 2019-20 season, he’s been in Cleveland longer than Drummond.
The former All-Star was added to the Cavs just before the trade deadline in February.
In eight games with the Cavs, Drummond averaged 17.5 points and 11.1 rebounds per game.
As for Porter Jr., he averaged 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists in his rookie year in Cleveland.
Surely, Drummond and Porter Jr. will both look to build off those solid starts and make their marks with the Cavs next season.
Thanks to a combination of proven talent and promising young potential, the Cavs seem to be well on their way in their current rebuild.
Drummond and Porter Jr. figure to play large roles in that continued progression going forward.