- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Darius Garland Reacts in Disbelief to Police Killing of George Floyd
- Updated: May 27, 2020
Many players within the NBA are outraged over the horrific death of George Floyd, a black man who was killed by a white police officer in Minneapolis, Minn.
The NBA is one of the most vocal sports leagues in the country when it comes to issues of racism and police brutality.
According to police, Floyd had a medical incident during an attempted arrest.
However, video of the ordeal clearly depicts an officer with his knee on Floyd’s neck for several minutes. In the clip, the 46-year-old can be heard crying out that he can’t breathe.
Despite his pleas, the police officer fails to allay his grip. Moments later, Floyd loses consciousness
Since then, four police officers connected to the case have been fired. However, thousands of people around the country are desperately calling for harsher punishments.