- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Report: NBA Teams Out of Playoffs Just Want to Focus on Next Season, Draft and Free Agency
- Updated: May 21, 2020
The NBA is moving closer to resuming the 2019-20 season.
However, according to Marc Berman of the New York Post, teams outside of the playoff mix don’t appear thrilled about coming back this season.
“Sources have indicated that teams out of the mix just want to prepare for next season and focus on the draft and free agency,” Berman reported.
While contending teams are eager to restart the season, most losing squads don’t have much incentive to get back on the court.
After all, they would put so much work into getting back into shape just to play a handful of regular season games.
The Cavs, who have a 19-46 record, are most likely not going to make the playoffs. However, they’re in great position to nab a top pick in the upcoming 2020 NBA Draft.
Sexton, 21, was in the midst of a breakout campaign before the novel coronavirus forced the league to suspend the season. The guard is putting 20.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game this season.
There is no official timetable for when the 2019-20 season will resume.