- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Collin Sexton Stays Positive Amid NBA Suspension by Paying Homage to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: March 23, 2020
While all NBA players are searching for ways to cope with the stoppage of the 2019-20 season due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are also still coping with the devastating loss of Kobe Bryant.
The Los Angels Lakers legend perished in a helicopter crash earlier this year. The loss sent shockwaves through the basketball world.
On Monday morning, Cleveland Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton showed that he still uses Bryant as motivation. He took to social media to share a work of art dedicated to Bryant, complete with an incredible quote from the late shooting guard.
Prior to the suspension of games last month, Sexton was showing off his own version of Bryant’s famous “Mamba Mentality.”
In the last 10 games Sexton played, he averaged 25.5 points, 4.4 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Sexton broke out after the All-Star break in his rookie year, and it was starting to look like a similar ascension was taking place in his sophomore campaign.
Surely, Sexton will look to continue that strong output once NBA games resume. In order to assure that that does indeed happen, it looks like Sexton is working to remind himself how Bryant would approach this incredible hurdle.
There’s no doubt that it will pay off for Sexton now and in the future.