- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Collin Sexton Stays Positive Amid NBA Suspension by Paying Homage to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: March 23, 2020
While all NBA players are searching for ways to cope with the stoppage of the 2019-20 season due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are also still coping with the devastating loss of Kobe Bryant.
The Los Angels Lakers legend perished in a helicopter crash earlier this year. The loss sent shockwaves through the basketball world.
On Monday morning, Cleveland Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton showed that he still uses Bryant as motivation. He took to social media to share a work of art dedicated to Bryant, complete with an incredible quote from the late shooting guard.
Prior to the suspension of games last month, Sexton was showing off his own version of Bryant’s famous “Mamba Mentality.”
In the last 10 games Sexton played, he averaged 25.5 points, 4.4 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Sexton broke out after the All-Star break in his rookie year, and it was starting to look like a similar ascension was taking place in his sophomore campaign.
Surely, Sexton will look to continue that strong output once NBA games resume. In order to assure that that does indeed happen, it looks like Sexton is working to remind himself how Bryant would approach this incredible hurdle.
There’s no doubt that it will pay off for Sexton now and in the future.