- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Collin Sexton Stays Positive Amid NBA Suspension by Paying Homage to Kobe Bryant
- Updated: March 23, 2020
While all NBA players are searching for ways to cope with the stoppage of the 2019-20 season due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are also still coping with the devastating loss of Kobe Bryant.
The Los Angels Lakers legend perished in a helicopter crash earlier this year. The loss sent shockwaves through the basketball world.
On Monday morning, Cleveland Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton showed that he still uses Bryant as motivation. He took to social media to share a work of art dedicated to Bryant, complete with an incredible quote from the late shooting guard.
Prior to the suspension of games last month, Sexton was showing off his own version of Bryant’s famous “Mamba Mentality.”
In the last 10 games Sexton played, he averaged 25.5 points, 4.4 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Sexton broke out after the All-Star break in his rookie year, and it was starting to look like a similar ascension was taking place in his sophomore campaign.
Surely, Sexton will look to continue that strong output once NBA games resume. In order to assure that that does indeed happen, it looks like Sexton is working to remind himself how Bryant would approach this incredible hurdle.
There’s no doubt that it will pay off for Sexton now and in the future.