- Tristan Thompson Reveals His Biggest Concern in Resuming NBA Season
- Former Cavs Big Man Says LeBron James, Not Michael Jordan, Should Be No. 1 in ESPN Player Rankings
- Report: Cavs Could Go After Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones Jr. and Harry Giles in Free Agency
- Phil Handy Reveals Fans Would Be ‘Shocked’ From Footage of 2016 Cavs Documentary
- Larry Nance Jr. and His Dad Have Been Having Constant Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James Debates
- Larry Nance Jr. Says NBA Needs to Crown Champion This Season
- Report: Majority of NBA Players Eliminated From Playoff Contention Want Regular Season Cancelled
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. Eager to ‘Play Anywhere’ as Long as Season Resumes
- Jayson Tatum Admits He Watches His Famous Dunk Over LeBron James Every Single Day
- Kevin Love Shows Respect to Collin Sexton for Telling Penny Hardaway His Son Was Trash
Darius Garland Hung Out With LeBron James’ Sons More Than LeBron Himself Over Summer
- Updated: March 2, 2020
Los Angeles Lakers phenom LeBron James isn’t quite so young anymore.
"One of them said … 'Thank you Auntie Savannah.' … She didn't like that because you know, my wife has been 21 for the last 20 years."
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 1, 2020
“This summer I had Darius Garland and Darius Bazley and all those guys over my house throughout the summer time,” James said. “And when they would come over to the house they would be outside actually playing basketball with Bryce and Bronny and playing video games with them.”
Garland, 20, is closer in age to James’ sons than he is to the four-time MVP.
However, Garland and James have similar parallels in the NBA.
In addition to being lottery picks, both players were drafted by the Cavs and started their professionals careers in Cleveland. Furthermore, they share the same agency with Klutch Sports.
Garland is having a moderate first year campaign in the league. He is putting up 12.3 points, 3.9 assists and 1.9 boards per game this season.
Meanwhile, James is having a dominant 17th year in the association. The three-time champion is averaging 25.5 points, 10.6 assists and 7.8 rebounds per game this season.
Although Garland is a long way from reaching James’ superstar status, it is amazing that he has a personal relationship with the Lakers veteran. The close connection could lead to some expedited success in Garland’s career.