- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Darius Garland Hung Out With LeBron James’ Sons More Than LeBron Himself Over Summer
- Updated: March 2, 2020
Los Angeles Lakers phenom LeBron James isn’t quite so young anymore.
"One of them said … 'Thank you Auntie Savannah.' … She didn't like that because you know, my wife has been 21 for the last 20 years."
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 1, 2020
“This summer I had Darius Garland and Darius Bazley and all those guys over my house throughout the summer time,” James said. “And when they would come over to the house they would be outside actually playing basketball with Bryce and Bronny and playing video games with them.”
Garland, 20, is closer in age to James’ sons than he is to the four-time MVP.
However, Garland and James have similar parallels in the NBA.
In addition to being lottery picks, both players were drafted by the Cavs and started their professionals careers in Cleveland. Furthermore, they share the same agency with Klutch Sports.
Garland is having a moderate first year campaign in the league. He is putting up 12.3 points, 3.9 assists and 1.9 boards per game this season.
Meanwhile, James is having a dominant 17th year in the association. The three-time champion is averaging 25.5 points, 10.6 assists and 7.8 rebounds per game this season.
Although Garland is a long way from reaching James’ superstar status, it is amazing that he has a personal relationship with the Lakers veteran. The close connection could lead to some expedited success in Garland’s career.