- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Updated: March 18, 2019
Collin Sexton continued his impressive string of 23-point performances with his sixth straight 23-point game in Monday’s win over the Detroit Pistons.
Following the game, Sexton put his maturity on display while thanking his teammates for their contributions to his continued success.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) March 19, 2019
“I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot, gotten better that’s the biggest thing,” he said following the impressive 126-119 win. “Just continued to grow each and every day when I’m in practice. My teammates, they’ve been helping out tremendously and I appreciate them for that.”
It’s not only what Sexton said, but how he said it. The confidence and poise in his voice is just another sign of how far the young guard has come in his rookie campaign.
Earlier in the season, Sexton was getting benched to close out games. Now, he’s putting up dagger 3-pointers to get his team the win over surefire playoff teams like the Pistons.
Sexton finished Monday’s game with 27 points on 62.5 percent shooting and a staggering 83.3 percent from beyond the arc.
While his scoring streak continues, it’s starting to seem like the sky is the limit for the young scorer.