- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Report: Cavs Dangling Tristan Thompson on Trade Market
- Updated: February 3, 2020
Just last month, it was reported that the Cavaliers and Thompson had mutual interest in “staying together for a long time,” but it appears that the Cavaliers’ recent struggles have convinced the team to think otherwise.
Thompson is having a career year so far this season, averaging 11.9 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
The University of Texas at Austin product is in the last year of the five-year, $82 million deal he signed with the Cavaliers back in 2015 and will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
His rebounding and playoff experience (78 appearances in the playoffs) could be valuable to a team looking to make a deep playoff run this season.
Having spent his entire career in Cleveland, it will be interesting to see if Thompson is eventually dealt before the Feb. 6 trade deadline.