- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Report: Cavs Dangling Tristan Thompson on Trade Market
- Updated: February 3, 2020
Just last month, it was reported that the Cavaliers and Thompson had mutual interest in “staying together for a long time,” but it appears that the Cavaliers’ recent struggles have convinced the team to think otherwise.
Thompson is having a career year so far this season, averaging 11.9 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
The University of Texas at Austin product is in the last year of the five-year, $82 million deal he signed with the Cavaliers back in 2015 and will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
His rebounding and playoff experience (78 appearances in the playoffs) could be valuable to a team looking to make a deep playoff run this season.
Having spent his entire career in Cleveland, it will be interesting to see if Thompson is eventually dealt before the Feb. 6 trade deadline.