- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- Updated: January 16, 2020
While other teams have shown, at most, lukewarm interest in Love, Thompson seems to be a more viable commodity on the open market.
Sam Amico of Sports Illustrated recently wrote about why Thompson should be much easier for Cleveland to trade than Love.
“Unlike Love, there is never any doubting Thompson’s determination or leadership qualities,” wrote Amico.
“Thompson is coveted by contenders because he doesn’t need the ball to make an impact. Instead, he often gets the ball off the backboard and willingly hands it to the stars.
“He would be a great fit just about anywhere.”
Thompson is just 28, which should make him that much more attractive to a contender or would-be contender. It also doesn’t hurt that he played a key role in the Cavs winning the 2016 NBA title.
So far, the 2019-20 season has been Thompson’s best, as he’s averaging 12.8 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists a game, all career-highs. He’s in the final year of a five-year, $82 million contract.