- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- Updated: January 16, 2020
While other teams have shown, at most, lukewarm interest in Love, Thompson seems to be a more viable commodity on the open market.
Sam Amico of Sports Illustrated recently wrote about why Thompson should be much easier for Cleveland to trade than Love.
“Unlike Love, there is never any doubting Thompson’s determination or leadership qualities,” wrote Amico.
“Thompson is coveted by contenders because he doesn’t need the ball to make an impact. Instead, he often gets the ball off the backboard and willingly hands it to the stars.
“He would be a great fit just about anywhere.”
Thompson is just 28, which should make him that much more attractive to a contender or would-be contender. It also doesn’t hurt that he played a key role in the Cavs winning the 2016 NBA title.
So far, the 2019-20 season has been Thompson’s best, as he’s averaging 12.8 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists a game, all career-highs. He’s in the final year of a five-year, $82 million contract.