- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- Updated: January 16, 2020
While other teams have shown, at most, lukewarm interest in Love, Thompson seems to be a more viable commodity on the open market.
Sam Amico of Sports Illustrated recently wrote about why Thompson should be much easier for Cleveland to trade than Love.
“Unlike Love, there is never any doubting Thompson’s determination or leadership qualities,” wrote Amico.
“Thompson is coveted by contenders because he doesn’t need the ball to make an impact. Instead, he often gets the ball off the backboard and willingly hands it to the stars.
“He would be a great fit just about anywhere.”
Thompson is just 28, which should make him that much more attractive to a contender or would-be contender. It also doesn’t hurt that he played a key role in the Cavs winning the 2016 NBA title.
So far, the 2019-20 season has been Thompson’s best, as he’s averaging 12.8 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists a game, all career-highs. He’s in the final year of a five-year, $82 million contract.