- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
LeBron James Dedicates Heartwarming Message to Tristan Thompson After Career Night
- Updated: January 10, 2020
Thompson scored a career-high 35 points in the game. He also grabbed 14 rebounds, blocked three shots, handed out a trio of assists and collected a steal in the Cavs’ overtime road win over the Detroit Pistons.
Always known for his prowess on the boards, Thompson has made a concerted effort this season to increase his scoring output. Thursday’s performance was the latest example of that.
The nine-year veteran is now averaging 12.9 points per game this season.
In the game against the Pistons, Thompson was especially effective with his shooting, connecting on 15-of-20 from the field.
The victory was badly needed for a Cavaliers team that had entered the Detroit game with a 10-27 record. In addition to those woes, the team was also dealing with the aftermath of controversial remarks made by Cavaliers head coach John Beilein.
Thompson is hoping to deliver a strong season on the court since he’ll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season. That has made Thompson the topic of trade rumors.
Conceivably, James’ current team, the Los Angeles Lakers, could make a trade offer for Thompson to reunite him with James. Of course, whether or not the Cavaliers agree to any prospective deal remains to be seen.