- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
LeBron James Dedicates Heartwarming Message to Tristan Thompson After Career Night
- Updated: January 10, 2020
Thompson scored a career-high 35 points in the game. He also grabbed 14 rebounds, blocked three shots, handed out a trio of assists and collected a steal in the Cavs’ overtime road win over the Detroit Pistons.
Always known for his prowess on the boards, Thompson has made a concerted effort this season to increase his scoring output. Thursday’s performance was the latest example of that.
The nine-year veteran is now averaging 12.9 points per game this season.
In the game against the Pistons, Thompson was especially effective with his shooting, connecting on 15-of-20 from the field.
The victory was badly needed for a Cavaliers team that had entered the Detroit game with a 10-27 record. In addition to those woes, the team was also dealing with the aftermath of controversial remarks made by Cavaliers head coach John Beilein.
Thompson is hoping to deliver a strong season on the court since he’ll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season. That has made Thompson the topic of trade rumors.
Conceivably, James’ current team, the Los Angeles Lakers, could make a trade offer for Thompson to reunite him with James. Of course, whether or not the Cavaliers agree to any prospective deal remains to be seen.