- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
- Trae Young Explains How Kevin Love Helped Change His Life by Speaking Out About Mental Health
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. Out Tonight vs. OKC Thunder Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: January 4, 2020
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 4, 2020
Porter’s absence will be felt on the offensive end as he has been developing into a reliable scoring option for the Cavs of late. He barely missed scoring in double digits versus the Charlotte Hornets in their last game, dropping only nine points on 4-of-8 shooting.
Prior to that game, he put together a string of four consecutive contests in which he scored in double figures with 15, 16, 10 and 13 points against the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves and Toronto Raptors, respectively. The Cavs won two of those games.
The University of Southern California product is currently averaging 8.6 points (on 43.7 percent shooting from the field), 3.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this season.
Without Porter providing instant offense off the bench, it will be up to the Cavaliers’ newest recruit, guard Dante Exum, to pick up the slack.