- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. Out Tonight vs. OKC Thunder Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: January 4, 2020
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 4, 2020
Porter’s absence will be felt on the offensive end as he has been developing into a reliable scoring option for the Cavs of late. He barely missed scoring in double digits versus the Charlotte Hornets in their last game, dropping only nine points on 4-of-8 shooting.
Prior to that game, he put together a string of four consecutive contests in which he scored in double figures with 15, 16, 10 and 13 points against the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves and Toronto Raptors, respectively. The Cavs won two of those games.
The University of Southern California product is currently averaging 8.6 points (on 43.7 percent shooting from the field), 3.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this season.
Without Porter providing instant offense off the bench, it will be up to the Cavaliers’ newest recruit, guard Dante Exum, to pick up the slack.