- How Cavs Nearly Drafted Joel Embiid After He Trash-Talked David Griffin During Pre-Draft Workout
- Andre Drummond Conveys Sad Message About Being Away From Basketball
- Dan Gilbert and Quicken Loans Announce $1.2 Million Donation to Address Detroit Coronavirus Impact
- Report: Cavs Senior Director ‘Strong Candidate’ to Join Knicks Front Office
- Report: Canton Charge’s Season Expected to Be Cancelled Entirely
- Matthew Dellavedova Urges People to Take Social Distancing Seriously
- Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Kevin Love Praises Giannis Antetokounmpo for Also Donating $100K to Arena’s Staff
- LeBron James and Kevin Love Send Birthday Love to Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs to Compensate Staff Members as If All Games and Events Were Taking Place
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. Out Tonight vs. OKC Thunder Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: January 4, 2020
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 4, 2020
Porter’s absence will be felt on the offensive end as he has been developing into a reliable scoring option for the Cavs of late. He barely missed scoring in double digits versus the Charlotte Hornets in their last game, dropping only nine points on 4-of-8 shooting.
Prior to that game, he put together a string of four consecutive contests in which he scored in double figures with 15, 16, 10 and 13 points against the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves and Toronto Raptors, respectively. The Cavs won two of those games.
The University of Southern California product is currently averaging 8.6 points (on 43.7 percent shooting from the field), 3.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this season.
Without Porter providing instant offense off the bench, it will be up to the Cavaliers’ newest recruit, guard Dante Exum, to pick up the slack.