- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Channing Frye Strongly Against Cavs Starting Darius Garland and Collin Sexton Together
- Updated: December 21, 2019
One former Cavs player doesn’t seem to think so.
Offensively, the results have been mixed at best. Garland is averaging just 10.9 points a game while shooting 38.2 percent from the field.
Sexton is playing a lot better, as he’s putting up a team-high 17.9 points a game on 45.4 percent field goal shooting. But he’s struggling mightily from distance, as he’s made just 28.9 percent of his 3-point attempts.
But the main issue with the Garland-Sexton backcourt seems to be defense.
Both are just 6-foot-1, which poses significant problems as many guards in today’s NBA are at least a few inches taller.
Their defensive metrics are poor. Sexton has a defensive rating of 117, while Garland is even worse with a 119 rating.
However, it appears that the Cavs will stick with both as their starting guards, at least for now.
It seems they think very highly of Garland, as they reportedly have made everyone but him available in trade talks.