- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
- Bradley Beal Gushes Over Darius Garland: ‘He Was Already Destined for This’
Report: Cavs Officially Pick Up Collin Sexton’s Third-Year Option
- Updated: October 29, 2019
The second-year player out of the University of Alabama, who’s currently making $4.76 this season, will earn $4.99 million next year.
#Cavs were always going to do this. They typically wait until a few days before the deadline for these things, but they have officially picked up Collin Sexton’s third-year option. No brainer for them.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 29, 2019
The Cavaliers chose Sexton with the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, making him the first building block in what’s become an extensive rebuilding project. After he was selected by the Cavs, he signed a four-year contract that had a maximum value of $20.2 million, though only the first two years are guaranteed.
During Sexton’s first season last year, he began the campaign slowly, but ended up starting 72 of the 82 games he played. One of the reasons for those early struggles was that he was thrown into the starting lineup after trades and injuries gutted the Cavaliers’ lineup.
However, Sexton bounced back to finish strongly after the All-Star break and finished with per-game averages of 16.7 points, 3.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds. Three games into his second year, Sexton is averaging 17.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.