- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Darius Garland ‘Probable’ to Start at Point Guard for Cavs
- Updated: October 22, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 22, 2019
Garland, 19, was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Although he sat out most of his freshman season at Vanderbilt University with knee issues, he showed he was worthy enough to be a lottery pick.
In three preseason games, the 6-foot-2 rookie put up 9.0 points and 2.7 assists per game. While the sample size was small, Garland showed plenty of promise with long-range shooting and solid court vision in those preseason contests.
It’s likely Garland will start next to sophomore Collin Sexton, who is also part of the Cavs’ intriguing young core. The 20-year-old averaged 16.7 points, 3.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 82 games last season.
The Cavs start the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.