- Former Cavs star reveals sleeper who he thinks is ‘best’ point guard in 2020 draft class
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
Report: Darius Garland ‘Probable’ to Start at Point Guard for Cavs
- Updated: October 22, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 22, 2019
Garland, 19, was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Although he sat out most of his freshman season at Vanderbilt University with knee issues, he showed he was worthy enough to be a lottery pick.
In three preseason games, the 6-foot-2 rookie put up 9.0 points and 2.7 assists per game. While the sample size was small, Garland showed plenty of promise with long-range shooting and solid court vision in those preseason contests.
It’s likely Garland will start next to sophomore Collin Sexton, who is also part of the Cavs’ intriguing young core. The 20-year-old averaged 16.7 points, 3.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 82 games last season.
The Cavs start the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.