- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Report: Darius Garland ‘Probable’ to Start at Point Guard for Cavs
- Updated: October 22, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 22, 2019
Garland, 19, was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Although he sat out most of his freshman season at Vanderbilt University with knee issues, he showed he was worthy enough to be a lottery pick.
In three preseason games, the 6-foot-2 rookie put up 9.0 points and 2.7 assists per game. While the sample size was small, Garland showed plenty of promise with long-range shooting and solid court vision in those preseason contests.
It’s likely Garland will start next to sophomore Collin Sexton, who is also part of the Cavs’ intriguing young core. The 20-year-old averaged 16.7 points, 3.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 82 games last season.
The Cavs start the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.