- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
Report: Darius Garland ‘Probable’ to Start at Point Guard for Cavs
- Updated: October 22, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 22, 2019
Garland, 19, was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Although he sat out most of his freshman season at Vanderbilt University with knee issues, he showed he was worthy enough to be a lottery pick.
In three preseason games, the 6-foot-2 rookie put up 9.0 points and 2.7 assists per game. While the sample size was small, Garland showed plenty of promise with long-range shooting and solid court vision in those preseason contests.
It’s likely Garland will start next to sophomore Collin Sexton, who is also part of the Cavs’ intriguing young core. The 20-year-old averaged 16.7 points, 3.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 82 games last season.
The Cavs start the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.