- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
Matthew Dellavedova Explains What He Loves Most About Cavs Fans
- Updated: October 16, 2019
In a recent interview with Grant Segall of Cleveland.com, Dellavedova spoke about why he loves Cavs fans and why Cleveland is a great place to play.
“They’re very passionate. Very loyal,” he said of the fans. “It’s been great so far the way the fans support me. I played here the year before LeBron [James] got here, and the fans were awesome, coming out every night, supporting us. Even last year, when we weren’t going well, the fans were still coming out. We appreciate that. That’s why Cleveland’s an awesome place to play.”
The Australian national first joined the Cavs as an undrafted free agent in the 2013 offseason. He spent his first three years with the Cavs until a sign-and-trade deal sent him to the Milwaukee Bucks in July 2016.
Last year, Dellavedova was acquired by the Cavs in a three-team deal. His return was celebrated by the fan base and seen as a bright spot in an otherwise trying 2018-19 campaign.
Now, with a full season in Cleveland ahead of him, it looks like the veteran point guard is poised to play an important role for the Cavs. With young guards Collin Sexton and Darius Garland still acclimating to the NBA, it will be up to Dellavedova to both lead by example and let the two youngsters take the reins.
Luckily, he’ll have Cavs fans cheering him on all the way through.