- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
- Bradley Beal Gushes Over Darius Garland: ‘He Was Already Destined for This’
Matthew Dellavedova Explains What He Loves Most About Cavs Fans
- Updated: October 16, 2019
In a recent interview with Grant Segall of Cleveland.com, Dellavedova spoke about why he loves Cavs fans and why Cleveland is a great place to play.
“They’re very passionate. Very loyal,” he said of the fans. “It’s been great so far the way the fans support me. I played here the year before LeBron [James] got here, and the fans were awesome, coming out every night, supporting us. Even last year, when we weren’t going well, the fans were still coming out. We appreciate that. That’s why Cleveland’s an awesome place to play.”
The Australian national first joined the Cavs as an undrafted free agent in the 2013 offseason. He spent his first three years with the Cavs until a sign-and-trade deal sent him to the Milwaukee Bucks in July 2016.
Last year, Dellavedova was acquired by the Cavs in a three-team deal. His return was celebrated by the fan base and seen as a bright spot in an otherwise trying 2018-19 campaign.
Now, with a full season in Cleveland ahead of him, it looks like the veteran point guard is poised to play an important role for the Cavs. With young guards Collin Sexton and Darius Garland still acclimating to the NBA, it will be up to Dellavedova to both lead by example and let the two youngsters take the reins.
Luckily, he’ll have Cavs fans cheering him on all the way through.