- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Matthew Dellavedova Explains What He Loves Most About Cavs Fans
- Updated: October 16, 2019
In a recent interview with Grant Segall of Cleveland.com, Dellavedova spoke about why he loves Cavs fans and why Cleveland is a great place to play.
“They’re very passionate. Very loyal,” he said of the fans. “It’s been great so far the way the fans support me. I played here the year before LeBron [James] got here, and the fans were awesome, coming out every night, supporting us. Even last year, when we weren’t going well, the fans were still coming out. We appreciate that. That’s why Cleveland’s an awesome place to play.”
The Australian national first joined the Cavs as an undrafted free agent in the 2013 offseason. He spent his first three years with the Cavs until a sign-and-trade deal sent him to the Milwaukee Bucks in July 2016.
Last year, Dellavedova was acquired by the Cavs in a three-team deal. His return was celebrated by the fan base and seen as a bright spot in an otherwise trying 2018-19 campaign.
Now, with a full season in Cleveland ahead of him, it looks like the veteran point guard is poised to play an important role for the Cavs. With young guards Collin Sexton and Darius Garland still acclimating to the NBA, it will be up to Dellavedova to both lead by example and let the two youngsters take the reins.
Luckily, he’ll have Cavs fans cheering him on all the way through.