- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Matthew Dellavedova Explains What He Loves Most About Cavs Fans
- Updated: October 16, 2019
In a recent interview with Grant Segall of Cleveland.com, Dellavedova spoke about why he loves Cavs fans and why Cleveland is a great place to play.
“They’re very passionate. Very loyal,” he said of the fans. “It’s been great so far the way the fans support me. I played here the year before LeBron [James] got here, and the fans were awesome, coming out every night, supporting us. Even last year, when we weren’t going well, the fans were still coming out. We appreciate that. That’s why Cleveland’s an awesome place to play.”
The Australian national first joined the Cavs as an undrafted free agent in the 2013 offseason. He spent his first three years with the Cavs until a sign-and-trade deal sent him to the Milwaukee Bucks in July 2016.
Last year, Dellavedova was acquired by the Cavs in a three-team deal. His return was celebrated by the fan base and seen as a bright spot in an otherwise trying 2018-19 campaign.
Now, with a full season in Cleveland ahead of him, it looks like the veteran point guard is poised to play an important role for the Cavs. With young guards Collin Sexton and Darius Garland still acclimating to the NBA, it will be up to Dellavedova to both lead by example and let the two youngsters take the reins.
Luckily, he’ll have Cavs fans cheering him on all the way through.