- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
- Trae Young Explains How Kevin Love Helped Change His Life by Speaking Out About Mental Health
Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Updated: June 22, 2020
The big man sent fans a lengthy, heartfelt appreciation note on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
Humbled doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. Thank you all for supporting me, for sharing your own stories, and continuing the conversation around mental health. In telling my story, if I can help just one child that is suffering to make sense of what they are experiencing, I know my efforts have been worth it. I hope one day we are able to erase the stigma around mental illness, starting with public conversations around mental health and encouraging people to seek help when they need it, followed by research, action, and change. Thank you to all who have helped along the way. @ESPN #ESPYS
Love, 31, was one of the first NBA players to boldly converse about his journey with mental health.
As a matter of fact, he courageously revealed his hardships with depression during the 2017-18 season. Love gave fans a peek into his battles with panic attacks and anxiety, in spite of the stigma attached to mental health.
The 2016 NBA champion changed multiple people’s lives by unveiling his testimony. Atlanta Hawks superstar Trae Young recently shared that Love’s message changed his life as well.
The Arthur Ashe Courage Award is one of the most prestigious prizes a player can receive off the court. The award recognizes a person whose contributions excel beyond sports.
Several noteworthy figures, including Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell and Robin Roberts, have all received the tremendous achievement in the past.
Love has career averages of 18.2 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.