- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
- Kyrie Irving Shares Hilarious Story of Kobe Bryant Defending Him: ‘He Punched That S— Bro’
- Andre Drummond ‘Immediately Gravitated’ Towards Lindsay Gottlieb When He Arrived in Cleveland
Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Updated: October 15, 2019
On Tuesday, the Cleveland Cavaliers are facing off against the Boston Celtics for the second time this preseason.
The actual players they will be facing in Tuesday’s tilt, however, will be quite different from the players they played against in their lopsided defeat over the weekend.
That’s because a number of key Celtics players did not make the trip to Cleveland.
Gordon Hayward* instead of Enes Kanter's clone.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 15, 2019
Essentially, the entire Celtics starting unit will not be in the building for Tuesday’s game. It’s not all that surprising considering how close the team is to its first meaningful matchup, but it certainly changes things for Cavs head coach John Beilein.
Most likely, this matchup will offer Beilein and the rest of the coaching staff an opportunity to better evaluate their young players as well as the players currently fighting for a roster spot.
As for Cavs veterans such as Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson, it won’t be much of a surprise to see neither enter the game. After all, Cleveland’s first game of the regular season is just eight days away.