- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
Cavs Players React to Andrew Luck’s Stunning Decision to Retire
- Updated: August 25, 2019
While the NBA has stolen the majority of the summer’s headlines, the NFL received shocking news on Saturday night.
In what came as a stunning surprise, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck announced his retirement from the NFL, claiming that the injuries have taken away his love for the game.
The development caused a variety of reactions from current and former Cleveland Cavaliers players.
I’m not a football by any stretch but with Andrew luck retiring does it send a message that the nfl needs changes to protect its players both on and off the field?
I also wanna say congrats to him to be able to retire his way. It’s not easy to leave the game but when it’s time it’s time.
Best of luck to Luck in your next journey in life. Love it when a player of any sport retires on their on terms. #Neverknowwhatthefutureholds
— Kendrick Perkins (@KendrickPerkins) August 25, 2019
It’s cool to see basketball stars reach out and react to news from the NFL. It’s something of an indication of how sports really can connect us all.
Whether these members of the Cavs family are happy for Luck, or sad that they won’t be able to see him play football anymore, it’s clear that the star quarterback will be missed.