- Bulls Owner Reveals LeBron’s 7-Word Message About Akron That Indicated He Was Leaving Cleveland
- Larry Nance Jr. Explains Why Kobe Bryant’s Final Game More Meaningful to Him Than Cavs Championship
- Former Cavs Guard Says There’s ‘No Way’ LeBron James Eating Airplane Food Served in NBA’s Bubble
- Report: NBA Scout Explains Why 2nd NBA Bubble Is Crucial for Cavs’ Future
- Kevin Love Explains How Changing His Uniform During Halftime Helps Him Deal With Anxiety
- Kendrick Perkins Urges Pacers to Sign Former Cavs Guard to Replace Victor Oladipo
- Oddsmakers Predict Surprising NCAA Route for Bronny James
- Ultra-Rare LeBron James Rookie Card Expected to Sell for More Than $2 Million
- Report: Cavs Player Says He ‘Probably Won’t Play’ If NBA Creates 2nd Bubble
- Richard Jefferson Clowns LeBron James With Savage Comment After He Refers to Himself as King
Cavs Players React to Andrew Luck’s Stunning Decision to Retire
- Updated: August 25, 2019
While the NBA has stolen the majority of the summer’s headlines, the NFL received shocking news on Saturday night.
In what came as a stunning surprise, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck announced his retirement from the NFL, claiming that the injuries have taken away his love for the game.
The development caused a variety of reactions from current and former Cleveland Cavaliers players.
I’m not a football by any stretch but with Andrew luck retiring does it send a message that the nfl needs changes to protect its players both on and off the field?
I also wanna say congrats to him to be able to retire his way. It’s not easy to leave the game but when it’s time it’s time.
Best of luck to Luck in your next journey in life. Love it when a player of any sport retires on their on terms. #Neverknowwhatthefutureholds
— Kendrick Perkins (@KendrickPerkins) August 25, 2019
It’s cool to see basketball stars reach out and react to news from the NFL. It’s something of an indication of how sports really can connect us all.
Whether these members of the Cavs family are happy for Luck, or sad that they won’t be able to see him play football anymore, it’s clear that the star quarterback will be missed.