- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Channing Frye Says Tyronn Lue’s Clippers Will Be ‘Best Defensive Team Ever’
- Updated: August 21, 2019
Man oh man the clippers are playing no games this season! It’s been said but I’ll say it again that team should be the best defensive team EVER! Excited to watch them this year. https://t.co/FDqxK7ebmR
Lue, a former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach, has returned to an assistant coaching job under Doc Rivers, who will be piloting a team with several defensive-minded players.
Chief among them are the two best players on the team—two-time Defensive Player of the Year awardee Kawhi Leonard and 2018-19 steals champion Paul George. Both players are considered among the top two-way players in the game.
Leonard and George could be this generation’s Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in terms of defensive dominance from a pair of superstar teammates.
Then, there’s pesky point guard Patrick Beverley, who hounded Kevin Durant to no end in the first round of last season’s playoffs despite giving up several inches to the former MVP. Beverley was named to two All-Defensive teams in the past and continues to be a top-notch defender to this day.
There’s also JaMychal Green and Montrezl Harrell, two excellent defenders who will add defensive depth to an already potent Clippers defensive lineup.