- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
Channing Frye Says Tyronn Lue’s Clippers Will Be ‘Best Defensive Team Ever’
- Updated: August 21, 2019
Man oh man the clippers are playing no games this season! It’s been said but I’ll say it again that team should be the best defensive team EVER! Excited to watch them this year. https://t.co/FDqxK7ebmR
Lue, a former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach, has returned to an assistant coaching job under Doc Rivers, who will be piloting a team with several defensive-minded players.
Chief among them are the two best players on the team—two-time Defensive Player of the Year awardee Kawhi Leonard and 2018-19 steals champion Paul George. Both players are considered among the top two-way players in the game.
Leonard and George could be this generation’s Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in terms of defensive dominance from a pair of superstar teammates.
Then, there’s pesky point guard Patrick Beverley, who hounded Kevin Durant to no end in the first round of last season’s playoffs despite giving up several inches to the former MVP. Beverley was named to two All-Defensive teams in the past and continues to be a top-notch defender to this day.
There’s also JaMychal Green and Montrezl Harrell, two excellent defenders who will add defensive depth to an already potent Clippers defensive lineup.