- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Jordan Clarkson Gives Huge Vote of Confidence to Ryan West After He Departs Lakers
- Updated: July 28, 2019
Ryan West, the son of legendary NBA player and executive Jerry West, has just departed from the Los Angeles Lakers after a decade, and one former Laker has given him the seal of approval.
anywhere he go they going to be lucky to have bro! https://t.co/HcaZHJGfJY
West broke into the NBA as a scout with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2002, back when his father was the general manager of the organization. After seven seasons there, he was hired by the Lakers to be a scout, then was promoted to assistant director of scouting three years later.
For the past four years, West had held the title of director of player personnel for the Lakers. As the organization has rebuilt following Kobe Bryant’s torn Achilles in 2013, West played a key role in identifying some of the talented players the team has selected late in the first round and in the second round of the NBA draft.
One of those gems was Clarkson, who was the 46th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft and has since developed into a fine complementary player.