- Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
Jordan Clarkson Gives Huge Vote of Confidence to Ryan West After He Departs Lakers
- Updated: July 28, 2019
Ryan West, the son of legendary NBA player and executive Jerry West, has just departed from the Los Angeles Lakers after a decade, and one former Laker has given him the seal of approval.
anywhere he go they going to be lucky to have bro! https://t.co/HcaZHJGfJY
West broke into the NBA as a scout with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2002, back when his father was the general manager of the organization. After seven seasons there, he was hired by the Lakers to be a scout, then was promoted to assistant director of scouting three years later.
For the past four years, West had held the title of director of player personnel for the Lakers. As the organization has rebuilt following Kobe Bryant’s torn Achilles in 2013, West played a key role in identifying some of the talented players the team has selected late in the first round and in the second round of the NBA draft.
One of those gems was Clarkson, who was the 46th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft and has since developed into a fine complementary player.