- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Jordan Clarkson Gives Huge Vote of Confidence to Ryan West After He Departs Lakers
- Updated: July 28, 2019
Ryan West, the son of legendary NBA player and executive Jerry West, has just departed from the Los Angeles Lakers after a decade, and one former Laker has given him the seal of approval.
anywhere he go they going to be lucky to have bro! https://t.co/HcaZHJGfJY
West broke into the NBA as a scout with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2002, back when his father was the general manager of the organization. After seven seasons there, he was hired by the Lakers to be a scout, then was promoted to assistant director of scouting three years later.
For the past four years, West had held the title of director of player personnel for the Lakers. As the organization has rebuilt following Kobe Bryant’s torn Achilles in 2013, West played a key role in identifying some of the talented players the team has selected late in the first round and in the second round of the NBA draft.
One of those gems was Clarkson, who was the 46th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft and has since developed into a fine complementary player.