- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Jordan Clarkson Gives Huge Vote of Confidence to Ryan West After He Departs Lakers
- Updated: July 28, 2019
Ryan West, the son of legendary NBA player and executive Jerry West, has just departed from the Los Angeles Lakers after a decade, and one former Laker has given him the seal of approval.
anywhere he go they going to be lucky to have bro! https://t.co/HcaZHJGfJY
West broke into the NBA as a scout with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2002, back when his father was the general manager of the organization. After seven seasons there, he was hired by the Lakers to be a scout, then was promoted to assistant director of scouting three years later.
For the past four years, West had held the title of director of player personnel for the Lakers. As the organization has rebuilt following Kobe Bryant’s torn Achilles in 2013, West played a key role in identifying some of the talented players the team has selected late in the first round and in the second round of the NBA draft.
One of those gems was Clarkson, who was the 46th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft and has since developed into a fine complementary player.