- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs Rumors: Brandon Knight Close to Returning to Court
- Updated: February 2, 2020
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 1, 2020
Knight, 28, has played in just 16 games this season.
While some of the absences were because of coaching decisions earlier in the season, the guard has been sidelined the past few weeks due to left knee soreness.
In his first full campaign with the Cavs, Knight is averaging 4.9 points, 1.9 assists and 1.3 boards per game. However, the veteran’s primary contribution to the Cavs comes as a mentor to the team’s youth base.
Yet, Knight is still in the prime of this career. Before injuries slowed down his momentum in the NBA, the University of Kentucky product was one of the best young stars in the league.
In fact, the 6-foot-2 pro posted an impressive 19.6 points, 5.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game with the Phoenix Suns during the 2015-16 season.