- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Cavs Rumors: Brandon Knight Close to Returning to Court
- Updated: February 2, 2020
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 1, 2020
Knight, 28, has played in just 16 games this season.
While some of the absences were because of coaching decisions earlier in the season, the guard has been sidelined the past few weeks due to left knee soreness.
In his first full campaign with the Cavs, Knight is averaging 4.9 points, 1.9 assists and 1.3 boards per game. However, the veteran’s primary contribution to the Cavs comes as a mentor to the team’s youth base.
Yet, Knight is still in the prime of this career. Before injuries slowed down his momentum in the NBA, the University of Kentucky product was one of the best young stars in the league.
In fact, the 6-foot-2 pro posted an impressive 19.6 points, 5.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game with the Phoenix Suns during the 2015-16 season.