- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Cavs Rumors: Brandon Knight Close to Returning to Court
- Updated: February 2, 2020
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 1, 2020
Knight, 28, has played in just 16 games this season.
While some of the absences were because of coaching decisions earlier in the season, the guard has been sidelined the past few weeks due to left knee soreness.
In his first full campaign with the Cavs, Knight is averaging 4.9 points, 1.9 assists and 1.3 boards per game. However, the veteran’s primary contribution to the Cavs comes as a mentor to the team’s youth base.
Yet, Knight is still in the prime of this career. Before injuries slowed down his momentum in the NBA, the University of Kentucky product was one of the best young stars in the league.
In fact, the 6-foot-2 pro posted an impressive 19.6 points, 5.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game with the Phoenix Suns during the 2015-16 season.