- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Kevin Porter Jr. Posts Emotional Tribute After Losing His Grandfather
- Updated: July 27, 2019
Kevin Porter Jr., the 30th overall pick in this June’s NBA draft, just lost someone who he was very close with.
His grandfather passed away on Saturday, just one day after turning 95, and Porter took to Instagram to pay tribute.
View this post on Instagram
I miss you… 💔 I never could imagine life without you grampy 🥺 but I know your at peace now back with SR💙 , I’m Glad you got to celebrate your birthday, & see everyone before! ppl don’t make it to 95 now days Gramps ,👴🏽💙 I love you R.I.P 7/26/1924 – 7/27/2019 #GrampaPorter😌
Porter was originally drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks last month, and was sent to the Detroit Pistons in a draft-day deal. Less than a week later he was dealt to the Cleveland Cavaliers for cash and four second-round draft picks.
A native of Seattle, Wash., an area that has brought the NBA such notable guards as Jamal Crawford, Isaiah Thomas and Dejounte Murray, Porter played one season for the University of Southern California.
In his lone season for the Trojans, he averaged 9.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game in 22.1 minutes of playing time while shooting 47.1 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from 3-point range.
Porter will be one of three rookies for a Cavaliers team that is apparently looking to get younger. Earlier this summer they waived veteran guard J.R. Smith.