- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
LeBron James Speaks on How Badly Cavs Needed Rest After Game 4
- Updated: May 7, 2018
The fact that the Cleveland Cavaliers were able to complete a sweep of the Toronto Raptors on Monday night with a dominating 128-93 victory not only sends them to the Eastern Conference Finals for the fourth consecutive year, but it also give LeBron James and his teammates some badly needed rest. James spoke immediately after the game about how much he’s looking forward to that prospect.
LeBron, after sweeping the Raptors: “Oh we’re about to get some rest. Oh I’m definitely about to get some rest. I’m going to get a lotta rest.”
(Cavaliers have played every other day since Game 5 of the Pacers series)
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) May 8, 2018
While the Cavaliers expect to be playing the Boston Celtics in that series, the Celtics will have to play at least one more game after losing Game 4 of their matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers. The expectation is that if Boston wins on Wednesday night, the series will most likely get underway on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden in Boston.
The Cavaliers will have the next two days off and then will begin practicing for their conference finals matchup. James had another strong effort in the clinching victory over the Raptors by collecting a double-double with 29 points and 11 assists, while also adding eight rebounds.