- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
LeBron James Speaks on How Badly Cavs Needed Rest After Game 4
- Updated: May 7, 2018
The fact that the Cleveland Cavaliers were able to complete a sweep of the Toronto Raptors on Monday night with a dominating 128-93 victory not only sends them to the Eastern Conference Finals for the fourth consecutive year, but it also give LeBron James and his teammates some badly needed rest. James spoke immediately after the game about how much he’s looking forward to that prospect.
LeBron, after sweeping the Raptors: “Oh we’re about to get some rest. Oh I’m definitely about to get some rest. I’m going to get a lotta rest.”
(Cavaliers have played every other day since Game 5 of the Pacers series)
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) May 8, 2018
While the Cavaliers expect to be playing the Boston Celtics in that series, the Celtics will have to play at least one more game after losing Game 4 of their matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers. The expectation is that if Boston wins on Wednesday night, the series will most likely get underway on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden in Boston.
The Cavaliers will have the next two days off and then will begin practicing for their conference finals matchup. James had another strong effort in the clinching victory over the Raptors by collecting a double-double with 29 points and 11 assists, while also adding eight rebounds.