- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
LeBron James Speaks on How Badly Cavs Needed Rest After Game 4
- Updated: May 7, 2018
The fact that the Cleveland Cavaliers were able to complete a sweep of the Toronto Raptors on Monday night with a dominating 128-93 victory not only sends them to the Eastern Conference Finals for the fourth consecutive year, but it also give LeBron James and his teammates some badly needed rest. James spoke immediately after the game about how much he’s looking forward to that prospect.
LeBron, after sweeping the Raptors: “Oh we’re about to get some rest. Oh I’m definitely about to get some rest. I’m going to get a lotta rest.”
(Cavaliers have played every other day since Game 5 of the Pacers series)
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) May 8, 2018
While the Cavaliers expect to be playing the Boston Celtics in that series, the Celtics will have to play at least one more game after losing Game 4 of their matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers. The expectation is that if Boston wins on Wednesday night, the series will most likely get underway on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden in Boston.
The Cavaliers will have the next two days off and then will begin practicing for their conference finals matchup. James had another strong effort in the clinching victory over the Raptors by collecting a double-double with 29 points and 11 assists, while also adding eight rebounds.