- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
LeBron James Speaks on How Badly Cavs Needed Rest After Game 4
- Updated: May 7, 2018
The fact that the Cleveland Cavaliers were able to complete a sweep of the Toronto Raptors on Monday night with a dominating 128-93 victory not only sends them to the Eastern Conference Finals for the fourth consecutive year, but it also give LeBron James and his teammates some badly needed rest. James spoke immediately after the game about how much he’s looking forward to that prospect.
LeBron, after sweeping the Raptors: “Oh we’re about to get some rest. Oh I’m definitely about to get some rest. I’m going to get a lotta rest.”
(Cavaliers have played every other day since Game 5 of the Pacers series)
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) May 8, 2018
While the Cavaliers expect to be playing the Boston Celtics in that series, the Celtics will have to play at least one more game after losing Game 4 of their matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers. The expectation is that if Boston wins on Wednesday night, the series will most likely get underway on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden in Boston.
The Cavaliers will have the next two days off and then will begin practicing for their conference finals matchup. James had another strong effort in the clinching victory over the Raptors by collecting a double-double with 29 points and 11 assists, while also adding eight rebounds.