- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
Report: Kevin Love to Withdraw From Team USA Training Camp for World Cup
- Updated: July 24, 2019
On Wednesday, Team USA got its answer when it was reported that Love is going to withdraw from training camp activities, paving the way for the next generation of big men to pick up the mantle.
It makes perfect sense that Love is opting to withdraw from the tournament. The 30-year-old big man just came off an NBA season where he played just 22 games due to injury.
Still, in those games, he averaged 17.0 points, 10.9 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game, proving that he is still a potent threat when healthy.
Now that he has made it clear that he does not plan to suit up for Team USA this summer, it stands to reason that he will spend the rest of the offseason getting his body right for what is sure to be another grueling NBA campaign.
As it stands, Love is the lone former All-Star on the Cavs roster. If the team enjoys any more success than it did last season, it will surely be Love is who helping to lead the charge.