- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Report: Kevin Love to Withdraw From Team USA Training Camp for World Cup
- Updated: July 24, 2019
On Wednesday, Team USA got its answer when it was reported that Love is going to withdraw from training camp activities, paving the way for the next generation of big men to pick up the mantle.
It makes perfect sense that Love is opting to withdraw from the tournament. The 30-year-old big man just came off an NBA season where he played just 22 games due to injury.
Still, in those games, he averaged 17.0 points, 10.9 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game, proving that he is still a potent threat when healthy.
Now that he has made it clear that he does not plan to suit up for Team USA this summer, it stands to reason that he will spend the rest of the offseason getting his body right for what is sure to be another grueling NBA campaign.
As it stands, Love is the lone former All-Star on the Cavs roster. If the team enjoys any more success than it did last season, it will surely be Love is who helping to lead the charge.