- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
Report: Kevin Love to Withdraw From Team USA Training Camp for World Cup
- Updated: July 24, 2019
On Wednesday, Team USA got its answer when it was reported that Love is going to withdraw from training camp activities, paving the way for the next generation of big men to pick up the mantle.
It makes perfect sense that Love is opting to withdraw from the tournament. The 30-year-old big man just came off an NBA season where he played just 22 games due to injury.
Still, in those games, he averaged 17.0 points, 10.9 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game, proving that he is still a potent threat when healthy.
Now that he has made it clear that he does not plan to suit up for Team USA this summer, it stands to reason that he will spend the rest of the offseason getting his body right for what is sure to be another grueling NBA campaign.
As it stands, Love is the lone former All-Star on the Cavs roster. If the team enjoys any more success than it did last season, it will surely be Love is who helping to lead the charge.