- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Report: Kevin Love to Withdraw From Team USA Training Camp for World Cup
- Updated: July 24, 2019
On Wednesday, Team USA got its answer when it was reported that Love is going to withdraw from training camp activities, paving the way for the next generation of big men to pick up the mantle.
It makes perfect sense that Love is opting to withdraw from the tournament. The 30-year-old big man just came off an NBA season where he played just 22 games due to injury.
Still, in those games, he averaged 17.0 points, 10.9 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game, proving that he is still a potent threat when healthy.
Now that he has made it clear that he does not plan to suit up for Team USA this summer, it stands to reason that he will spend the rest of the offseason getting his body right for what is sure to be another grueling NBA campaign.
As it stands, Love is the lone former All-Star on the Cavs roster. If the team enjoys any more success than it did last season, it will surely be Love is who helping to lead the charge.