- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
LeBron James Welcomes Darius Garland to Nike Family via Social Media
- Updated: July 19, 2019
Garland is just 19 years old and was the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He joins a Cavs team that is in the infancy stages of a rebuild and will be joining a core roster of Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Larry Nance Jr. and Tristan Thompson.
Although Garland played in just five games last season for Vanderbilt University, the 6-foot-2 guard has plenty of upside, as he averaged 16.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.6 assists in his lone freshman season.
Garland is already being compared to both Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving, and if he can pan out to reach the potential of those two players, the Cavs are in good hands.