- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
LeBron James Welcomes Darius Garland to Nike Family via Social Media
- Updated: July 19, 2019
Garland is just 19 years old and was the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He joins a Cavs team that is in the infancy stages of a rebuild and will be joining a core roster of Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Larry Nance Jr. and Tristan Thompson.
Although Garland played in just five games last season for Vanderbilt University, the 6-foot-2 guard has plenty of upside, as he averaged 16.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.6 assists in his lone freshman season.
Garland is already being compared to both Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving, and if he can pan out to reach the potential of those two players, the Cavs are in good hands.