- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
- Tristan Thompson Says He Would’ve Asked Lou Williams to Bring Magic City Wings Back to Bubble
LeBron James Welcomes Darius Garland to Nike Family via Social Media
- Updated: July 19, 2019
Garland is just 19 years old and was the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He joins a Cavs team that is in the infancy stages of a rebuild and will be joining a core roster of Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Larry Nance Jr. and Tristan Thompson.
Although Garland played in just five games last season for Vanderbilt University, the 6-foot-2 guard has plenty of upside, as he averaged 16.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.6 assists in his lone freshman season.
Garland is already being compared to both Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving, and if he can pan out to reach the potential of those two players, the Cavs are in good hands.