- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
LeBron James Welcomes Darius Garland to Nike Family via Social Media
- Updated: July 19, 2019
Garland is just 19 years old and was the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He joins a Cavs team that is in the infancy stages of a rebuild and will be joining a core roster of Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Larry Nance Jr. and Tristan Thompson.
Although Garland played in just five games last season for Vanderbilt University, the 6-foot-2 guard has plenty of upside, as he averaged 16.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.6 assists in his lone freshman season.
Garland is already being compared to both Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving, and if he can pan out to reach the potential of those two players, the Cavs are in good hands.