- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
Report: Milwaukee Bucks Interested in Acquiring J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 18, 2019
JR Smith will have a free-agent meeting with the Bucks today in Milwaukee, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Bucks are searching for a wing shooter and both sides will have opportunity to sit down.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 18, 2019
The Bucks nearly made the Finals last season, but succumbed to the eventual NBA champion Toronto Raptors in six games in the Eastern Conference Finals. After the Bucks lost guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Indiana Pacers this offseason, Smith has an open door to become a valuable addition to the team.
The former Cavalier has career averages of 12.5 points and 37.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. His outside shooting could help open up the middle for the Bucks’ big men, particularly 2018-19 MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The 6-foot-6 guard was waived by the Cavs ahead of his $15.7 million contract for next season becoming guaranteed. If he and the Bucks can agree to a deal, Smith could become part of a title contender once again.