- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
Report: Milwaukee Bucks Interested in Acquiring J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 18, 2019
JR Smith will have a free-agent meeting with the Bucks today in Milwaukee, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Bucks are searching for a wing shooter and both sides will have opportunity to sit down.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 18, 2019
The Bucks nearly made the Finals last season, but succumbed to the eventual NBA champion Toronto Raptors in six games in the Eastern Conference Finals. After the Bucks lost guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Indiana Pacers this offseason, Smith has an open door to become a valuable addition to the team.
The former Cavalier has career averages of 12.5 points and 37.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. His outside shooting could help open up the middle for the Bucks’ big men, particularly 2018-19 MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The 6-foot-6 guard was waived by the Cavs ahead of his $15.7 million contract for next season becoming guaranteed. If he and the Bucks can agree to a deal, Smith could become part of a title contender once again.