- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Report: Milwaukee Bucks Interested in Acquiring J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 18, 2019
JR Smith will have a free-agent meeting with the Bucks today in Milwaukee, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Bucks are searching for a wing shooter and both sides will have opportunity to sit down.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 18, 2019
The Bucks nearly made the Finals last season, but succumbed to the eventual NBA champion Toronto Raptors in six games in the Eastern Conference Finals. After the Bucks lost guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Indiana Pacers this offseason, Smith has an open door to become a valuable addition to the team.
The former Cavalier has career averages of 12.5 points and 37.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. His outside shooting could help open up the middle for the Bucks’ big men, particularly 2018-19 MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The 6-foot-6 guard was waived by the Cavs ahead of his $15.7 million contract for next season becoming guaranteed. If he and the Bucks can agree to a deal, Smith could become part of a title contender once again.