- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Report: Milwaukee Bucks Interested in Acquiring J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 18, 2019
JR Smith will have a free-agent meeting with the Bucks today in Milwaukee, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Bucks are searching for a wing shooter and both sides will have opportunity to sit down.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 18, 2019
The Bucks nearly made the Finals last season, but succumbed to the eventual NBA champion Toronto Raptors in six games in the Eastern Conference Finals. After the Bucks lost guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Indiana Pacers this offseason, Smith has an open door to become a valuable addition to the team.
The former Cavalier has career averages of 12.5 points and 37.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. His outside shooting could help open up the middle for the Bucks’ big men, particularly 2018-19 MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The 6-foot-6 guard was waived by the Cavs ahead of his $15.7 million contract for next season becoming guaranteed. If he and the Bucks can agree to a deal, Smith could become part of a title contender once again.