- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Noted as Potential Fit for Jabari Parker
- Updated: June 27, 2019
Rebuilding squads like the Cleveland Cavaliers require their young talent to grow and develop over a few years.
The hope is for those players to become All-Stars in the future. Sometimes, obtaining a player who hasn’t found his footing in the league yet can be beneficial, particularly by providing him with a different situation.
That could be the case for the Cavs when looking at a free agent like Jabari Parker. The Washington Wizards declined Parker’s $20 million team option for the upcoming season and he is now an unrestricted free agent. He could be a good fit for Cleveland as it continues to move on from its championship contending days.
The Athletic’s Fred Katz believes that Parker may be a good fit for a team like the Cavs, stating that the 6-foot-8 power forward “can possibly start for some teams, but those squads will be at the bottom of the standings. He might be able to find a deal with one of them, which could guarantee him minutes.”
Minutes won’t be an issue for him in a Wine and Gold uniform provided that coach John Beilein finds a regular spot for him in the rotation. The only question may be his asking price, which shouldn’t be that high after an up-and-down career so far filled with plenty of question marks about his health.