- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Noted as Potential Fit for Jabari Parker
- Updated: June 27, 2019
Rebuilding squads like the Cleveland Cavaliers require their young talent to grow and develop over a few years.
The hope is for those players to become All-Stars in the future. Sometimes, obtaining a player who hasn’t found his footing in the league yet can be beneficial, particularly by providing him with a different situation.
That could be the case for the Cavs when looking at a free agent like Jabari Parker. The Washington Wizards declined Parker’s $20 million team option for the upcoming season and he is now an unrestricted free agent. He could be a good fit for Cleveland as it continues to move on from its championship contending days.
The Athletic’s Fred Katz believes that Parker may be a good fit for a team like the Cavs, stating that the 6-foot-8 power forward “can possibly start for some teams, but those squads will be at the bottom of the standings. He might be able to find a deal with one of them, which could guarantee him minutes.”
Minutes won’t be an issue for him in a Wine and Gold uniform provided that coach John Beilein finds a regular spot for him in the rotation. The only question may be his asking price, which shouldn’t be that high after an up-and-down career so far filled with plenty of question marks about his health.