- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
- Video: Philadelphia 76ers Announcer Rips Apart Kevin Porter Jr. During Broadcast
- Report: Members of Cavs Organization Call Out Kevin Love’s ‘Lousy Body Language’
- Kevin Love and Jordan Clarkson Send Prayers to Rodney Hood After Devastating Injury
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Noted as Potential Fit for Jabari Parker
- Updated: June 27, 2019
Rebuilding squads like the Cleveland Cavaliers require their young talent to grow and develop over a few years.
The hope is for those players to become All-Stars in the future. Sometimes, obtaining a player who hasn’t found his footing in the league yet can be beneficial, particularly by providing him with a different situation.
That could be the case for the Cavs when looking at a free agent like Jabari Parker. The Washington Wizards declined Parker’s $20 million team option for the upcoming season and he is now an unrestricted free agent. He could be a good fit for Cleveland as it continues to move on from its championship contending days.
The Athletic’s Fred Katz believes that Parker may be a good fit for a team like the Cavs, stating that the 6-foot-8 power forward “can possibly start for some teams, but those squads will be at the bottom of the standings. He might be able to find a deal with one of them, which could guarantee him minutes.”
Minutes won’t be an issue for him in a Wine and Gold uniform provided that coach John Beilein finds a regular spot for him in the rotation. The only question may be his asking price, which shouldn’t be that high after an up-and-down career so far filled with plenty of question marks about his health.