- Cavs Member Says Current Locker Room ‘Better’ Than That of 2016 Championship Squad
- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
Report: Cavs Turned Down Multiple J.R. Smith Offers That Would Have Netted 1st-Round Pick
- Updated: June 25, 2019
After Sunday, the $15.6 million Smith is set to earn will become fully guaranteed, which will bring its trade value down to practically zero.
Despite that ticking clock, a report from Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com indicates that the Cavs turned down multiple offers on draft night that would have netted them a nice return.
“The Cleveland Cavaliers entered Thursday night hoping to trade JR Smith, but turned down a few offers that would have returned a first-round pick, league sources tell cleveland.com,” he wrote.
“While the odds of a deal have reduced, there’s still time. The Cavs have until Sunday, to be exact. And they remain the leader in the clubhouse to help a team create cap space heading into what is expected to be a frenzied summer.”
As the report states, the Cavs are still actively pursuing a trade. It seems as though they are just looking for the right partner and the right price.
Hopefully that choosiness does not lead to Smith’s contract becoming fully guaranteed. At that point, it seems like that the Cavs will seek some kind of buyout with the veteran guard who has been exiled from the team since early last season.