- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Report: Cavs Send 4 Second-Round Picks to Pistons for Kevin Porter Jr.
- Updated: June 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers managed to collect a third first-round pick in Thursday night’s NBA draft by making a deal with the Detroit Pistons.
They subsequently drafted University of Southern California guard Kevin Porter Jr.
Sources: Cavs sent four second-round picks and cash to Detroit for pick No. 30.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 21, 2019
Porter was one of the mysteries of this draft because of some off-court issues. He played 21 games for the Trojans and averaged 9.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He shot 47.1 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from beyond the arc.
If Porter is able to develop more maturity, the Cavaliers could have a steal since some early draft projections had him as a potential lottery pick.