- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
Report: Cavs Send 4 Second-Round Picks to Pistons for Kevin Porter Jr.
- Updated: June 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers managed to collect a third first-round pick in Thursday night’s NBA draft by making a deal with the Detroit Pistons.
They subsequently drafted University of Southern California guard Kevin Porter Jr.
Sources: Cavs sent four second-round picks and cash to Detroit for pick No. 30.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 21, 2019
Porter was one of the mysteries of this draft because of some off-court issues. He played 21 games for the Trojans and averaged 9.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He shot 47.1 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from beyond the arc.
If Porter is able to develop more maturity, the Cavaliers could have a steal since some early draft projections had him as a potential lottery pick.