- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
Report: Cavs Send 4 Second-Round Picks to Pistons for Kevin Porter Jr.
- Updated: June 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers managed to collect a third first-round pick in Thursday night’s NBA draft by making a deal with the Detroit Pistons.
They subsequently drafted University of Southern California guard Kevin Porter Jr.
Sources: Cavs sent four second-round picks and cash to Detroit for pick No. 30.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 21, 2019
Porter was one of the mysteries of this draft because of some off-court issues. He played 21 games for the Trojans and averaged 9.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He shot 47.1 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from beyond the arc.
If Porter is able to develop more maturity, the Cavaliers could have a steal since some early draft projections had him as a potential lottery pick.