- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Report: Cavs Send 4 Second-Round Picks to Pistons for Kevin Porter Jr.
- Updated: June 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers managed to collect a third first-round pick in Thursday night’s NBA draft by making a deal with the Detroit Pistons.
They subsequently drafted University of Southern California guard Kevin Porter Jr.
Sources: Cavs sent four second-round picks and cash to Detroit for pick No. 30.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 21, 2019
Porter was one of the mysteries of this draft because of some off-court issues. He played 21 games for the Trojans and averaged 9.5 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He shot 47.1 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from beyond the arc.
If Porter is able to develop more maturity, the Cavaliers could have a steal since some early draft projections had him as a potential lottery pick.