- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Video: Shooting Breaks Out at Toronto Raptors Championship Parade
- Updated: June 17, 2019
All hell broke loose at the 2019 Toronto Raptors championship parade.
Multiple reports of a shooting breaking out were reported by fans before the city’s police operations confirmed the worst.
Fans running after a shooting near the Raptors Championship Parade.
— Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) June 17, 2019
I’m on the roof of city hall and something is happening. People are running including what looks to be cops and security pic.twitter.com/FEbhw88OqI
— Jennifer Pagliaro (@jpags) June 17, 2019
Nathan Phillip's Square
-Reports of woman shot
-People running from area
-Police/EMS are on scene
-Unknown what the injuries are#GO112676
— Toronto Police OPS (@TPSOperations) June 17, 2019
While this occasion was supposed to be a celebration of the franchise’s first-ever championship, it has quickly turned into a nightmare. From the videos, you can see numerous people running while everyone is in panic.
Typically, championship parades draw thousands upon thousands of people to one central area. Although there are dozens of police, safety and security operations, you never know what can happen.