- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Report: Carmelo Anthony and Paul George Were Supposed to Be Traded to Cavs on Draft Night
- Updated: September 28, 2017
At certain points during the offseason, the Cleveland Cavaliers looked into acquiring either Paul George or Carmelo Anthony, though the expectation was that trading for both was not an option. However, Anthony now says that a deal for the Cavs was already in place before being called off.
Anthony made the remarks during an interview on SiriusXM interview, with Anthony indicating that the trade would have been consummated on the night of the NBA draft:
“Me and PG have a very close friendship. Actually, it was funny because me and PG was supposed to be in Cleveland on draft night. we were communicating about that,” Anthony said. “The deal was actually done and it got called off on draft night, so me and PG stayed connected throughout the course of the season.”
Both players were ultimately sent to the Oklahoma City Thunder in separate deals that came roughly three months apart. The Cavaliers and Thunder will face each other twice during the regular season, the first game taking place at Quicken Loans Arena on Jan. 20. That will be followed by a rematch on Feb. 13 in Oklahoma City, with any further matchups only possible if the two teams reach the NBA Finals in June.