- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Stephen Curry Signed ‘Wish You Were Here’ Card for LeBron James Before NBA Finals Game
- Updated: June 7, 2019
Battling for a championship is serious business, but sometimes a few lighthearted moments are a welcome change of pace for the NBA’s biggest stars.
One of these moments is the yearly NBA Finals appearance of personality Guillermo Rodriguez of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
When he interviewed Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry during NBA Final Media Day, Rodriguez made sure to poke fun at LeBron James, who is not in the championship series for the first time since 2010.
After mentioning to Curry that James is the only one not back in the Finals between the three of them, Rodriguez asked the two-time MVP to sign a “Wish You Were Here” card for the Los Angeles Lakers forward. The card allegedly was going to be handed to James by Rodriguez himself.
Later, the card also found its way into the hands of other players from both the Warriors and Toronto Raptors.
For the past eight seasons, James was a fixture in the NBA Finals as the Eastern Conference’s representative whether with the Miami Heat or Cleveland Cavaliers.
This past season, his Lakers team failed to even make the playoffs due to a number of injuries to key players.