- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Stephen Curry Signed ‘Wish You Were Here’ Card for LeBron James Before NBA Finals Game
- Updated: June 7, 2019
Battling for a championship is serious business, but sometimes a few lighthearted moments are a welcome change of pace for the NBA’s biggest stars.
One of these moments is the yearly NBA Finals appearance of personality Guillermo Rodriguez of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
When he interviewed Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry during NBA Final Media Day, Rodriguez made sure to poke fun at LeBron James, who is not in the championship series for the first time since 2010.
After mentioning to Curry that James is the only one not back in the Finals between the three of them, Rodriguez asked the two-time MVP to sign a “Wish You Were Here” card for the Los Angeles Lakers forward. The card allegedly was going to be handed to James by Rodriguez himself.
Later, the card also found its way into the hands of other players from both the Warriors and Toronto Raptors.
For the past eight seasons, James was a fixture in the NBA Finals as the Eastern Conference’s representative whether with the Miami Heat or Cleveland Cavaliers.
This past season, his Lakers team failed to even make the playoffs due to a number of injuries to key players.