- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
- J.R. Smith Writes Emotional Post Honoring Memory of Best Friend
- Toronto Raptors Consultant Explains How LeBron James Played Big Role in Team Being Up 3-1
Stephen Curry Signed ‘Wish You Were Here’ Card for LeBron James Before NBA Finals Game
- Updated: June 7, 2019
Battling for a championship is serious business, but sometimes a few lighthearted moments are a welcome change of pace for the NBA’s biggest stars.
One of these moments is the yearly NBA Finals appearance of personality Guillermo Rodriguez of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
When he interviewed Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry during NBA Final Media Day, Rodriguez made sure to poke fun at LeBron James, who is not in the championship series for the first time since 2010.
After mentioning to Curry that James is the only one not back in the Finals between the three of them, Rodriguez asked the two-time MVP to sign a “Wish You Were Here” card for the Los Angeles Lakers forward. The card allegedly was going to be handed to James by Rodriguez himself.
Later, the card also found its way into the hands of other players from both the Warriors and Toronto Raptors.
For the past eight seasons, James was a fixture in the NBA Finals as the Eastern Conference’s representative whether with the Miami Heat or Cleveland Cavaliers.
This past season, his Lakers team failed to even make the playoffs due to a number of injuries to key players.