- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Cavs News: Kevin Love Expected to Join USA Basketball Training Camp in August
- Updated: June 5, 2019
Preparations for USA Basketball’s play in the FIBA World Cup are set to get underway in August, when the team begins its training camp.
ESPN Sources: Among additional players expected to join USA Basketball’s training camp in August on way to a roster spot in September’s FIBA World Cup in China: Bradley Beal, Eric Gordon, Kyle Kuzma, Damian Lillard, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love, CJ McCollum and Jayson Tatum.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 5, 2019
The event, which was last held in 2014, is taking place in eight different cities in China from Aug. 13 to Sept. 15. It serves as a qualifier for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo and will have 32 different countries competing.
Love has competed before on the international level and has won gold medals as part of the 2010 FIBA World Cup and the 2012 Summer Olympic teams. He was also a finalist for the 2016 Olympic squad.
Coming off an injury-plagued season that limited him to just 22 games, Love is looking to bounce back during this event. He turns 31 years of age during the competition and is poised to begin the first season of a four-year contract extension he signed with the Cavs last year.
Despite getting older, Love does offer Team USA a player who has the potential to deliver a double-double in each contest. In his limited time on the court during the 2018-19 season, he averaged 17.0 points, 10.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.