- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
- Report: Cavs Coach ‘Couldn’t Contain Excitement’ as Darius Garland Didn’t Miss for ‘5 or 6 Minutes’
- Koby Altman Says Darius Garland 1 of Few Players in Draft With ‘All-Star’ Potential
- Kevin Love Fully Supports Controversial NBA Owner to Run for President in 2020
- Coach Says Darius Garland Among Best Passers Next to Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and John Stockton
J.R. Smith Shows Growth and Maturity as He Avoids Airport Altercation
- Updated: May 23, 2019
It had been a long and difficult 2018-19 season for J.R. Smith, but it appears that the mercurial shooting guard has become a better man as a result.
Recently, the Cleveland Cavaliers veteran posted an Instagram story about an airport incident which could have resulted in a disaster. Instead, according to Smith, he restrained himself and thought better of the other person.
The fact that Smith chose to refrain from responding negatively is a positive sign. For most of his career, restraint hasn’t been his strongest suit.
In fact, he only played in 11 games this past season after he criticized the Cavs for tanking the season in order to obtain a higher draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Rather than have an unhappy camper in the locker room, management decided to keep Smith on ice for the remainder of the season.
If the airport story is an indication of a better version of Smith, he may have a more positive effect on his teammates next season.