- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
J.R. Smith Shows Growth and Maturity as He Avoids Airport Altercation
- Updated: May 23, 2019
It had been a long and difficult 2018-19 season for J.R. Smith, but it appears that the mercurial shooting guard has become a better man as a result.
Recently, the Cleveland Cavaliers veteran posted an Instagram story about an airport incident which could have resulted in a disaster. Instead, according to Smith, he restrained himself and thought better of the other person.
The fact that Smith chose to refrain from responding negatively is a positive sign. For most of his career, restraint hasn’t been his strongest suit.
In fact, he only played in 11 games this past season after he criticized the Cavs for tanking the season in order to obtain a higher draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Rather than have an unhappy camper in the locker room, management decided to keep Smith on ice for the remainder of the season.
If the airport story is an indication of a better version of Smith, he may have a more positive effect on his teammates next season.