- Cavs Star Kevin Love Reacts to the Death of His Godfather Wes Unseld
- Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love and Other Cavs Players Unite in Support of Black Lives Matter
- J.R. Smith Says Cavs Told Him ‘One Person Doesn’t Define Our Team’ After LeBron James Left
- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
J.R. Smith Shows Growth and Maturity as He Avoids Airport Altercation
- Updated: May 23, 2019
It had been a long and difficult 2018-19 season for J.R. Smith, but it appears that the mercurial shooting guard has become a better man as a result.
Recently, the Cleveland Cavaliers veteran posted an Instagram story about an airport incident which could have resulted in a disaster. Instead, according to Smith, he restrained himself and thought better of the other person.
The fact that Smith chose to refrain from responding negatively is a positive sign. For most of his career, restraint hasn’t been his strongest suit.
In fact, he only played in 11 games this past season after he criticized the Cavs for tanking the season in order to obtain a higher draft pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Rather than have an unhappy camper in the locker room, management decided to keep Smith on ice for the remainder of the season.
If the airport story is an indication of a better version of Smith, he may have a more positive effect on his teammates next season.