- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- Updated: May 21, 2019
NBA All-Rookie teams pic.twitter.com/4MrBYjACa1
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) May 21, 2019
Sexton received 39 All-Rookie First Team votes and 54 All-Rookie Second Team votes. Only seven of the 100 media members with votes omitted Sexton from either team.
After a slow start to the year Sexton turned in a tremendous rookie campaign.
He finished the season averaging 16.7 points, 2.9 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 0.5 steals per game. He shot 43.0 percent from the field, 40.2 percent from beyond the arc and 83.9 percent from the free-throw line.
Sexton was selected eighth overall in the 2018 NBA Draft and it’s safe to say that Cleveland feels pretty good about that right now.
The 20-year old showed great development all year long and is primed for a strong second year in the league.
Sexton was joined on the All-Rookie Second Team by Shai Gilgeous-Alexander of the Los Angeles Clippers, Landry Shamet of the Clippers, Mitchell Robinson of the New York Knicks and Kevin Huerter of the Atlanta Hawks.
The All-Rookie First Team was comprised of Luka Doncic of the Dallas Mavericks, Trae Young of the Hawks, DeAndre Ayton of the Phoenix Suns, Jaren Jackson Jr. of the Memphis Grizzlies and Marvin Bagley III of the Sacramento Kings.