- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Video: Cavs Fans React to Getting 5th Pick in 2019 NBA Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 14, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers and their fan base experienced a major letdown at Tuesday night’s NBA Lottery in Chicago when they were awarded the fifth overall pick.
The realization that the team likely won’t be drafting either Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett from Duke University, nor Ja Morant from Murray State University, hit hard for fans watching in downtown Cleveland.
— James Rapien (@JamesRapien) May 15, 2019
With this year’s draft a question mark after those three choices above, the Cavaliers must now take a look at many more candidates than they had hoped when they finished with a 19-63 record for the 2018-19 season last month.
The fact that the top pick was obtained by the New Orleans Pelicans holds some irony for the Cavaliers. That’s because the man who will be making that top choice will be the Cavs former general manager, David Griffin.
The Cavaliers had the same odds of obtaining the top pick as the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns, with both teams also coming up short. The Knicks have the third overall pick and the Suns have the sixth for the draft on June 20.