- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: Cavs Fans React to Getting 5th Pick in 2019 NBA Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 14, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers and their fan base experienced a major letdown at Tuesday night’s NBA Lottery in Chicago when they were awarded the fifth overall pick.
The realization that the team likely won’t be drafting either Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett from Duke University, nor Ja Morant from Murray State University, hit hard for fans watching in downtown Cleveland.
— James Rapien (@JamesRapien) May 15, 2019
With this year’s draft a question mark after those three choices above, the Cavaliers must now take a look at many more candidates than they had hoped when they finished with a 19-63 record for the 2018-19 season last month.
The fact that the top pick was obtained by the New Orleans Pelicans holds some irony for the Cavaliers. That’s because the man who will be making that top choice will be the Cavs former general manager, David Griffin.
The Cavaliers had the same odds of obtaining the top pick as the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns, with both teams also coming up short. The Knicks have the third overall pick and the Suns have the sixth for the draft on June 20.