- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
Video: Cavs Fans React to Getting 5th Pick in 2019 NBA Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 14, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers and their fan base experienced a major letdown at Tuesday night’s NBA Lottery in Chicago when they were awarded the fifth overall pick.
The realization that the team likely won’t be drafting either Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett from Duke University, nor Ja Morant from Murray State University, hit hard for fans watching in downtown Cleveland.
— James Rapien (@JamesRapien) May 15, 2019
With this year’s draft a question mark after those three choices above, the Cavaliers must now take a look at many more candidates than they had hoped when they finished with a 19-63 record for the 2018-19 season last month.
The fact that the top pick was obtained by the New Orleans Pelicans holds some irony for the Cavaliers. That’s because the man who will be making that top choice will be the Cavs former general manager, David Griffin.
The Cavaliers had the same odds of obtaining the top pick as the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns, with both teams also coming up short. The Knicks have the third overall pick and the Suns have the sixth for the draft on June 20.