- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
- Kyrie Irving Shares Hilarious Story of Kobe Bryant Defending Him: ‘He Punched That S— Bro’
Video: Cavs Fans React to Getting 5th Pick in 2019 NBA Draft Lottery
- Updated: May 14, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers and their fan base experienced a major letdown at Tuesday night’s NBA Lottery in Chicago when they were awarded the fifth overall pick.
The realization that the team likely won’t be drafting either Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett from Duke University, nor Ja Morant from Murray State University, hit hard for fans watching in downtown Cleveland.
— James Rapien (@JamesRapien) May 15, 2019
With this year’s draft a question mark after those three choices above, the Cavaliers must now take a look at many more candidates than they had hoped when they finished with a 19-63 record for the 2018-19 season last month.
The fact that the top pick was obtained by the New Orleans Pelicans holds some irony for the Cavaliers. That’s because the man who will be making that top choice will be the Cavs former general manager, David Griffin.
The Cavaliers had the same odds of obtaining the top pick as the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns, with both teams also coming up short. The Knicks have the third overall pick and the Suns have the sixth for the draft on June 20.