- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Kevin Love Reflects on His 4 Years With LeBron James, Calls Him ‘Best Ever’
- Updated: May 3, 2019
In a recent appearance on FS1’s “First Things First,” Love made clear how he believes James stacks up against the NBA’s greatest.
"Playing with LeBron the last 4 years, there were times I'd go to the bench during a timeout and say to guys 'I think we're watching the best ever. This is wild.' That's just what he brings to the table every single night." — @kevinlove pic.twitter.com/BrNwnKJokv
— First Things First (@FTFonFS1) May 3, 2019
“Playing with him the last four years, there were times I’d go to the bench during a timeout and say to guys, ‘I think we’re watching the best ever. This is wild,’” Love said.
Love speaking glowingly of his former teammate is nothing new. The two shared a close friendship during their four years together in Cleveland and enjoyed incredible success including four trips to the NBA Finals and one championship.
Compare that success to this season, where both the Cleveland Cavaliers and James’ new team, the Los Angeles Lakers, missed the postseason entirely, and it’s no surprise that Love still relishes the opportunity to talk about the glory days.
Hopefully next season proves more successful for both players.