- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Channing Frye and Kevin Love Send Love to Cavs Fan Who Lost Battle to Cancer
- Updated: April 23, 2019
Basketball serves as simple entertainment for most, but for some it offers a reason to keep fighting. One of those who used basketball as inspiration to keep fighting his battle against cancer was fifth-grader and Cleveland Cavaliers fan D.J. Patterson.
Patterson got his own taste of NBA stardom back on Feb. 23 when Frye and Love helped him dunk a basketball prior to a NBA game.
What a moment! 10-year old D.J. Patterson of Louisville, OH, who is battling Ewing’s Sarcoma, was lifted by @KevinLove and @Channing_Frye to throw one down at The Q. #WhyWePlay #Cavs pic.twitter.com/N3Y1j4VaHN
— clevelanddotcom Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) February 24, 2019
When Frye heard of his passing, he took to Twitter to honor his memory.
It was my pleasure to be a happy moment in his life. He was awesome! https://t.co/t9ZByup2uf
Love followed shortly behind.
It’s gestures like these that make Love and the recently retired Frye beloved both within and outside the Cavs’ locker room.
Though Patterson has tragically passed, it’s comforting to see that his memory will live on thanks to the likes of Frye, Love, and surely many more.