- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Report: Kevin Love and Others Cavs Have Larry Drew’s Back in Possible Return Next Season
- Updated: April 8, 2019
“I think he’d be great for the future, but, I don’t even know if he wants it,” Love said. “He knows that I have his back and I think a lot of the guys have his back.”
Despite being dealt a bad hand, Drew has done a fantastic job coaching a young, frustrated and injury-riddled squad this season.
At the beginning of the season, the organization was aiming to make the playoffs. However, that dream quickly died after star big man Love got injured and head coach Tyronn Lue got fired a few games into the season.
On top of that, the Cavs traded several valuable veterans, such as Kyle Korver, George Hill and Rodney Hood. Left with a diverse roster mixed with seasoned champions and fresh youngsters, Drew had to make multiple sides happy.
He has accomplished that arduous task this season as the veterans and newbies are all happy. No matter what happens with the current head coach this offseason, Cavs fans will be forever grateful for Drew.