- Report: Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Returns Home 8 Weeks After Stroke
- Former Cavs Players Get Into Twitter War With Royce White After He Calls Out LeBron James
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
Report: Kevin Love and Others Cavs Have Larry Drew’s Back in Possible Return Next Season
- Updated: April 8, 2019
“I think he’d be great for the future, but, I don’t even know if he wants it,” Love said. “He knows that I have his back and I think a lot of the guys have his back.”
Despite being dealt a bad hand, Drew has done a fantastic job coaching a young, frustrated and injury-riddled squad this season.
At the beginning of the season, the organization was aiming to make the playoffs. However, that dream quickly died after star big man Love got injured and head coach Tyronn Lue got fired a few games into the season.
On top of that, the Cavs traded several valuable veterans, such as Kyle Korver, George Hill and Rodney Hood. Left with a diverse roster mixed with seasoned champions and fresh youngsters, Drew had to make multiple sides happy.
He has accomplished that arduous task this season as the veterans and newbies are all happy. No matter what happens with the current head coach this offseason, Cavs fans will be forever grateful for Drew.