- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cavs Doing ‘Homework’ on Luke Walton for Potential Head Coaching Gig
- Updated: April 8, 2019
With the Cleveland Cavaliers’ abysmal regular season coming to an end, the team will transition into looking for a new head coach.
According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, the Cavs are doing their homework on Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton in case he is fired:
“Cleveland is also doing homework on Luke Walton, who is widely expected to be fired by the Lakers. He does not fit the ‘Fernandez’ mold but is nonetheless indicative of the breadth of the Cavs’ search.”
Walton is currently coaching the Lakers, who will not be going to the playoffs despite having superstar LeBron James. While the head coach lost the four-time MVP to injury for multiple games, the inability to lead the team through tough times and ultimately not get close to securing a playoff spot have many thinking Walton will lose his job.
The Cavs are going through struggles of their own as they are going through a rebuild. Selecting the right head coach to set a proper culture, work ethic and connection with the players will be paramount to the team’s future success.