- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Report: Cavs Doing ‘Homework’ on Luke Walton for Potential Head Coaching Gig
- Updated: April 8, 2019
With the Cleveland Cavaliers’ abysmal regular season coming to an end, the team will transition into looking for a new head coach.
According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, the Cavs are doing their homework on Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton in case he is fired:
“Cleveland is also doing homework on Luke Walton, who is widely expected to be fired by the Lakers. He does not fit the ‘Fernandez’ mold but is nonetheless indicative of the breadth of the Cavs’ search.”
Walton is currently coaching the Lakers, who will not be going to the playoffs despite having superstar LeBron James. While the head coach lost the four-time MVP to injury for multiple games, the inability to lead the team through tough times and ultimately not get close to securing a playoff spot have many thinking Walton will lose his job.
The Cavs are going through struggles of their own as they are going through a rebuild. Selecting the right head coach to set a proper culture, work ethic and connection with the players will be paramount to the team’s future success.