- Cavs Star Kevin Love Reacts to the Death of His Godfather Wes Unseld
- Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love and Other Cavs Players Unite in Support of Black Lives Matter
- J.R. Smith Says Cavs Told Him ‘One Person Doesn’t Define Our Team’ After LeBron James Left
- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
Report: Cavs Doing ‘Homework’ on Luke Walton for Potential Head Coaching Gig
- Updated: April 8, 2019
With the Cleveland Cavaliers’ abysmal regular season coming to an end, the team will transition into looking for a new head coach.
According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, the Cavs are doing their homework on Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton in case he is fired:
“Cleveland is also doing homework on Luke Walton, who is widely expected to be fired by the Lakers. He does not fit the ‘Fernandez’ mold but is nonetheless indicative of the breadth of the Cavs’ search.”
Walton is currently coaching the Lakers, who will not be going to the playoffs despite having superstar LeBron James. While the head coach lost the four-time MVP to injury for multiple games, the inability to lead the team through tough times and ultimately not get close to securing a playoff spot have many thinking Walton will lose his job.
The Cavs are going through struggles of their own as they are going through a rebuild. Selecting the right head coach to set a proper culture, work ethic and connection with the players will be paramount to the team’s future success.