- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
LeBron James and Kevin Love Share Their Love for Channing Frye via Social Media
- Updated: April 2, 2019
On Tuesday, the four-time MVP and former teammate Kevin Love exchanged a couple of tweets on their love for Frye.
????!! Man I love that guy so much‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/EbFaeyUjyR
James, 34, was close to Frye during his time in Cleveland.
In the middle of the 2015-16 season, the Cavs traded for Frye, who James really wanted to play alongside. Four months later, the team captured one of the NBA’s most iconic titles in 2016 after defeating the 73-9 Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.
While that 2016 ring was the only championship the trio of James, Love and Frye won together, they went to multiple NBA Finals afterwards. Through the ups and downs, they got close and learned interesting things about each other.
Frye, 35, will retire at the end of the season. The veteran has career averages of 8.8 points on 38.8 shooting from downtown and 4.5 rebounds.