- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
LeBron James and Kevin Love Share Their Love for Channing Frye via Social Media
- Updated: April 2, 2019
On Tuesday, the four-time MVP and former teammate Kevin Love exchanged a couple of tweets on their love for Frye.
🤣🤣🤣🤣!! Man I love that guy so much‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/EbFaeyUjyR
James, 34, was close to Frye during his time in Cleveland.
In the middle of the 2015-16 season, the Cavs traded for Frye, who James really wanted to play alongside. Four months later, the team captured one of the NBA’s most iconic titles in 2016 after defeating the 73-9 Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.
While that 2016 ring was the only championship the trio of James, Love and Frye won together, they went to multiple NBA Finals afterwards. Through the ups and downs, they got close and learned interesting things about each other.
Frye, 35, will retire at the end of the season. The veteran has career averages of 8.8 points on 38.8 shooting from downtown and 4.5 rebounds.