- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
- Cavs Legend Talks Smack About Michael Jordan and His Bulls: ‘We Used to Wax Them’
- Report: Cavs Had Multiple Trade Offers for Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs Provide Updated Timetable on Dylan Windler’s Return From Injury
LeBron James and Kevin Love Share Their Love for Channing Frye via Social Media
- Updated: April 2, 2019
On Tuesday, the four-time MVP and former teammate Kevin Love exchanged a couple of tweets on their love for Frye.
????!! Man I love that guy so much‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/EbFaeyUjyR
James, 34, was close to Frye during his time in Cleveland.
In the middle of the 2015-16 season, the Cavs traded for Frye, who James really wanted to play alongside. Four months later, the team captured one of the NBA’s most iconic titles in 2016 after defeating the 73-9 Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.
While that 2016 ring was the only championship the trio of James, Love and Frye won together, they went to multiple NBA Finals afterwards. Through the ups and downs, they got close and learned interesting things about each other.
Frye, 35, will retire at the end of the season. The veteran has career averages of 8.8 points on 38.8 shooting from downtown and 4.5 rebounds.