- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
LeBron James and Kevin Love Share Their Love for Channing Frye via Social Media
- Updated: April 2, 2019
On Tuesday, the four-time MVP and former teammate Kevin Love exchanged a couple of tweets on their love for Frye.
🤣🤣🤣🤣!! Man I love that guy so much‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/EbFaeyUjyR
James, 34, was close to Frye during his time in Cleveland.
In the middle of the 2015-16 season, the Cavs traded for Frye, who James really wanted to play alongside. Four months later, the team captured one of the NBA’s most iconic titles in 2016 after defeating the 73-9 Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.
While that 2016 ring was the only championship the trio of James, Love and Frye won together, they went to multiple NBA Finals afterwards. Through the ups and downs, they got close and learned interesting things about each other.
Frye, 35, will retire at the end of the season. The veteran has career averages of 8.8 points on 38.8 shooting from downtown and 4.5 rebounds.