- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
LeBron James and Kevin Love Share Their Love for Channing Frye via Social Media
- Updated: April 2, 2019
On Tuesday, the four-time MVP and former teammate Kevin Love exchanged a couple of tweets on their love for Frye.
????!! Man I love that guy so much‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/EbFaeyUjyR
James, 34, was close to Frye during his time in Cleveland.
In the middle of the 2015-16 season, the Cavs traded for Frye, who James really wanted to play alongside. Four months later, the team captured one of the NBA’s most iconic titles in 2016 after defeating the 73-9 Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.
While that 2016 ring was the only championship the trio of James, Love and Frye won together, they went to multiple NBA Finals afterwards. Through the ups and downs, they got close and learned interesting things about each other.
Frye, 35, will retire at the end of the season. The veteran has career averages of 8.8 points on 38.8 shooting from downtown and 4.5 rebounds.