- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Gregg Popovich Goes Out of His Way to Show Love to Collin Sexton After Cavs-Spurs Game
- Updated: March 30, 2019
— Chris Montano (@gswchris) March 29, 2019
Despite the Cavs’ loss, Sexton was one of the bright spots, putting up 24 points, two rebounds, and three assists. He shot 10-of-17 from the field overall, and sunk three out of his seven 3-pointers.
Throughout his coaching career, Popovich has made heartfelt gestures to several players he truly appreciates and respects. This latest show of respect from arguably the greatest coach in NBA history serves as a testament to Sexton’s potential, hard work, and tremendous improvement he has shown in his rookie year.
For the season, Sexton is averaging 16.4 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists, and has made himself a worthy candidate for All-Rookie First Team honors.
The Cavs play the Spurs once more this season on April 7.