- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
- Report: John Beilien Pushing Cavs Big Men to Shoot 3-Pointers Without Hesitation
- Collin Sexton Pays Larry Nance Jr. Huge Compliment While Talking About His Value to Cavs
- Kevin Durant Says Cavs, Not Warriors, Were Most Talented Team in 2016
- Report: Kevin Love and Collin Sexton Have Great Relationship, Texted Each Other Frequently Over Offseason
Gregg Popovich Goes Out of His Way to Show Love to Collin Sexton After Cavs-Spurs Game
- Updated: March 30, 2019
— Chris Montano (@gswchris) March 29, 2019
Despite the Cavs’ loss, Sexton was one of the bright spots, putting up 24 points, two rebounds, and three assists. He shot 10-of-17 from the field overall, and sunk three out of his seven 3-pointers.
Throughout his coaching career, Popovich has made heartfelt gestures to several players he truly appreciates and respects. This latest show of respect from arguably the greatest coach in NBA history serves as a testament to Sexton’s potential, hard work, and tremendous improvement he has shown in his rookie year.
For the season, Sexton is averaging 16.4 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists, and has made himself a worthy candidate for All-Rookie First Team honors.
The Cavs play the Spurs once more this season on April 7.