- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Gregg Popovich Goes Out of His Way to Show Love to Collin Sexton After Cavs-Spurs Game
- Updated: March 30, 2019
— Chris Montano (@gswchris) March 29, 2019
Despite the Cavs’ loss, Sexton was one of the bright spots, putting up 24 points, two rebounds, and three assists. He shot 10-of-17 from the field overall, and sunk three out of his seven 3-pointers.
Throughout his coaching career, Popovich has made heartfelt gestures to several players he truly appreciates and respects. This latest show of respect from arguably the greatest coach in NBA history serves as a testament to Sexton’s potential, hard work, and tremendous improvement he has shown in his rookie year.
For the season, Sexton is averaging 16.4 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists, and has made himself a worthy candidate for All-Rookie First Team honors.
The Cavs play the Spurs once more this season on April 7.