- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Gregg Popovich Goes Out of His Way to Show Love to Collin Sexton After Cavs-Spurs Game
- Updated: March 30, 2019
— Chris Montano (@gswchris) March 29, 2019
Despite the Cavs’ loss, Sexton was one of the bright spots, putting up 24 points, two rebounds, and three assists. He shot 10-of-17 from the field overall, and sunk three out of his seven 3-pointers.
Throughout his coaching career, Popovich has made heartfelt gestures to several players he truly appreciates and respects. This latest show of respect from arguably the greatest coach in NBA history serves as a testament to Sexton’s potential, hard work, and tremendous improvement he has shown in his rookie year.
For the season, Sexton is averaging 16.4 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists, and has made himself a worthy candidate for All-Rookie First Team honors.
The Cavs play the Spurs once more this season on April 7.