- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
- Updated: March 16, 2019
Saturday night won’t just be the final time the Cleveland Cavaliers face the Dallas Mavericks this season. However, it might be the final time the Cavaliers face off against NBA legend Dirk Nowitzki.
Cavs forward Kevin Love spoke on the influence Nowitzki has had on him before the matchup:
Nowitzki, 40, hasn’t officially announced that he will retire yet. However, the veteran’s production has clearly slowed down. The 21-year pro is putting up a career-low 5.8 points per game this season.
Seventh on the all-time scoring list, Nowitzki has etched himself into NBA history. The NBA champion’s decorated career entails a regular season MVP award in 2007, Finals MVP award in 2011, 14 All-Star selections, 12 All-NBA selections and much more. On top of that, Nowitzki is considered the most successful international player in NBA history.
Love, another big man who can score inside and out, has definitely modeled parts of his game around the Mavericks icon. Although it may not be showing right now, Love has experienced some rejuvenation since returning from his toe injury. The veteran is putting up a solid 18.1 points and 11.1 rebounds per game this season.