- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
Cavs Teammates Are Reportedly Growing Tired of Tristan Thompson’s Off-Court Drama
- Updated: March 6, 2019
Most notably, Thompson recently made headlines for cheating on Khloe Kardashian, the mother of his child, with model Jordyn Woods.
To make matters worse, Woods is considered best friends with Kardashian’s step sister Kylie Jenner. That drama, mixed with Thompson’s injuries, apparently hasn’t sat well with the Cavs.
“It’s now far beyond the Kardashian curse with Tristan and the Cavaliers,” an NBA source told HollywoodLife.com. “The team is still feeling the effects heavily on losing LeBron [James] and not having Tristan on the court with his injury doesn’t help matters either.”
Teammates apparently aren’t thrilled that Thompson hasn’t been around much while rehabbing his injured foot.
The eighth-year center hasn’t played since Jan. 16, and has spent much of that time in California.
“Most of his team would rather have him in the gym and rehab to get back on the court than having him causing headaches for the entire team and franchise because they all are talking about it,” the source said. “They all are being asked about it and the drama weighs on everyone in the locker room. It’s just something where they would rather be playing basketball instead of dealing with rumors and drama. They want Tristan’s attention on the team and that is it.”
The Cavs have had a disappointing season, and are just 16-48. Thompson’s absence and drama hasn’t helped with the locker room frustrations.
“Tristan is frustrating his teammates with his off the court drama,” a second source told HollywoodLife.com. “The Cavs have been struggling all season long and Tristan’s off-court drama is not helping the energy in their locker room. … His injury has kept Tristan off the court for over a month and players are getting frustrated with how busy he has been playing off the court. He is becoming a distraction and that is not good for his teammates or their locker room.”
Thompson has appeared in just 35 games this year. He’s averaging 11.5 points and 11.1 rebounds per game, and shooting 52.6 percent from the field.