- J.B. Bickerstaff offers high praise for ‘uniqueness’ of Dean Wade
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff has ‘high expectations’ for Darius Garland next season
- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
Video: Kevin Love, Channing Frye and Cavs Make Young Fan’s Night
- Updated: February 23, 2019
Despite bringing a 13-46 record into their game on Saturday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers still hold a special place in the hearts of many of their fans. One of those fans got a special treat prior to the game courtesy of Cavaliers veterans Kevin Love and Channing Frye.
D.J. Patterson of Louisville, Ohio is currently battling a rare form of cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. He first underwent surgery on Feb. 9, 2018, to remove a tumor in his chest, but has remained a fan of the Cavaliers throughout his struggle.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) February 24, 2019
During warmups, the 6-foot-10 Love wasn’t quite able to lift Patterson high enough for him to dunk. That required the assistance of Frye, who stands an inch taller.
In addition, he slapped hands with Patterson afterward, with Cavaliers players also cheering the achievement. Patterson also got to chat with Cavs head coach Larry Drew.
One final thrill for Patterson on the night saw him stand with the Cavaliers during the team’s introductions. Each starter made sure to acknowledge him after being introduced.