- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
Video: Kevin Love, Channing Frye and Cavs Make Young Fan’s Night
- Updated: February 23, 2019
Despite bringing a 13-46 record into their game on Saturday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers still hold a special place in the hearts of many of their fans. One of those fans got a special treat prior to the game courtesy of Cavaliers veterans Kevin Love and Channing Frye.
D.J. Patterson of Louisville, Ohio is currently battling a rare form of cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. He first underwent surgery on Feb. 9, 2018, to remove a tumor in his chest, but has remained a fan of the Cavaliers throughout his struggle.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) February 24, 2019
During warmups, the 6-foot-10 Love wasn’t quite able to lift Patterson high enough for him to dunk. That required the assistance of Frye, who stands an inch taller.
In addition, he slapped hands with Patterson afterward, with Cavaliers players also cheering the achievement. Patterson also got to chat with Cavs head coach Larry Drew.
One final thrill for Patterson on the night saw him stand with the Cavaliers during the team’s introductions. Each starter made sure to acknowledge him after being introduced.