- Cavs Forward Cedi Osman Seen Getting Touchy With Famous Actress
- Cavs Big Man Jordan Bell Reflects on Painful Series of Trades: ‘I Wanted to Fight Somebody’
- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
Cavs News: Kevin Love Participates in 5-on-5 Practice With Full Contact
- Updated: January 31, 2019
Earlier this week it was reported that Kevin Love was scheduled to participate in his first full-contact practice this week, and on Thursday, the All-Star forward participated as planned.
Cavs head coach Larry Drew updated members of the press following the practice, saying Love looked good, but definitely showed signs of going several months without seeing the court.
“He actually did pretty well,” Drew said after Thursday’s practice. “He moved around pretty well. Got a little winded, which is expected. The first time he has really been in a contact situation where we went up and down and there was actual contact. I thought he moved really well, shot the ball well, passed the ball well. Hopefully tomorrow there are no setbacks when he comes to practice and we will see how he is.”
Though Love is clearly nearing his return date, a specific date has not yet been established.
“We are waiting to see how he is after going through a full practice with contact,” Drew said. “If there are no setbacks, we will have another practice and see how he does.”
The Cavs are currently enjoying a two-game winning streak and when Love does retake the court, it stands to reason that the Cavs will manage to win a few more games.
With the season clearly lost for the Cavs when it comes to a playoff berth, Drew and the rest of the team would be wise to stay the course and continue tanking in order to grab a top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.