- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs News: Kevin Love Participates in 5-on-5 Practice With Full Contact
- Updated: January 31, 2019
Earlier this week it was reported that Kevin Love was scheduled to participate in his first full-contact practice this week, and on Thursday, the All-Star forward participated as planned.
Cavs head coach Larry Drew updated members of the press following the practice, saying Love looked good, but definitely showed signs of going several months without seeing the court.
“He actually did pretty well,” Drew said after Thursday’s practice. “He moved around pretty well. Got a little winded, which is expected. The first time he has really been in a contact situation where we went up and down and there was actual contact. I thought he moved really well, shot the ball well, passed the ball well. Hopefully tomorrow there are no setbacks when he comes to practice and we will see how he is.”
Though Love is clearly nearing his return date, a specific date has not yet been established.
“We are waiting to see how he is after going through a full practice with contact,” Drew said. “If there are no setbacks, we will have another practice and see how he does.”
The Cavs are currently enjoying a two-game winning streak and when Love does retake the court, it stands to reason that the Cavs will manage to win a few more games.
With the season clearly lost for the Cavs when it comes to a playoff berth, Drew and the rest of the team would be wise to stay the course and continue tanking in order to grab a top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.