- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Collin Sexton Describes Dwyane Wade as an ‘Icon’ and ‘Role Model’
- Updated: January 26, 2019
Referring to him as a role model seems accurate considering the 20-year-old point guard likely spent his youth watching Wade in his prime, looking to his game for guidance. During this final run for Wade, many young players like Sexton have made it clear that he had a huge impact on them growing up.
It’s why a jersey swap with Wade has turned into such a coveted moment for rookies this season.
So when the final horn sounded on Friday, it was Sexton who had the opportunity to swap jerseys with Wade. It was an honor for the rookie and yet another reminder of the impact Wade has had on the NBA’s new blood.
Despite a rough outing on the court for Sexton (13 points on 30.8 percent shooting), that moment with Wade will likely stick with him.
Sexton and the Cavs will have one more chance to see Wade and the Heat in Miami on March 8.