- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
Collin Sexton Describes Dwyane Wade as an ‘Icon’ and ‘Role Model’
- Updated: January 26, 2019
Referring to him as a role model seems accurate considering the 20-year-old point guard likely spent his youth watching Wade in his prime, looking to his game for guidance. During this final run for Wade, many young players like Sexton have made it clear that he had a huge impact on them growing up.
It’s why a jersey swap with Wade has turned into such a coveted moment for rookies this season.
So when the final horn sounded on Friday, it was Sexton who had the opportunity to swap jerseys with Wade. It was an honor for the rookie and yet another reminder of the impact Wade has had on the NBA’s new blood.
Despite a rough outing on the court for Sexton (13 points on 30.8 percent shooting), that moment with Wade will likely stick with him.
Sexton and the Cavs will have one more chance to see Wade and the Heat in Miami on March 8.