- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Collin Sexton Describes Dwyane Wade as an ‘Icon’ and ‘Role Model’
- Updated: January 26, 2019
Referring to him as a role model seems accurate considering the 20-year-old point guard likely spent his youth watching Wade in his prime, looking to his game for guidance. During this final run for Wade, many young players like Sexton have made it clear that he had a huge impact on them growing up.
It’s why a jersey swap with Wade has turned into such a coveted moment for rookies this season.
So when the final horn sounded on Friday, it was Sexton who had the opportunity to swap jerseys with Wade. It was an honor for the rookie and yet another reminder of the impact Wade has had on the NBA’s new blood.
Despite a rough outing on the court for Sexton (13 points on 30.8 percent shooting), that moment with Wade will likely stick with him.
Sexton and the Cavs will have one more chance to see Wade and the Heat in Miami on March 8.