- Source Explains Why Some Thought LeBron James Would ‘Pull the Plug’ Moments Before ‘The Decision’
- Kevin Love Strongly Endorses J.R. Smith After Seeing Him Dominate Recent Workout
- Report: J.R. Smith Has Emerged as Leading Candidate to Replace Avery Bradley on Lakers Roster
- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
Report: Cavs’ Search for New Head Coach Underway
- Updated: January 24, 2019
Reports state that the Cavs are interested in hiring a first-time NBA coach with a background in player development, but the Cavs have yet to reach out to any potential candidates.
Current head coach Larry Drew isn’t expected to be in contention for the job and it doesn’t sound like Drew wants to be in the running.
“I don’t know if I ever want to be a head coach again after this year,” Drew told The Athletic.
This year has not been an easy year for the Cavs. Former head coach Tyronn Lue was fired after just six games and things have not improved much since Drew took over. Cleveland currently claims a league-worst record of 9-40.
This season has been a disaster for the Cavaliers and rebounding in the offseason is crucial. The team will surely have a premium lottery pick in the draft despite the new lottery odds this year. Coupling the young talent with an up-and-coming coach could be the key to a successful rebuild in Cleveland.
Prior to the 2018-19 season, it wasn’t quite clear whether the Cavs were built to compete in the Eastern Conference. Now that it’s abundantly clear that Cleveland needs major changes, perhaps the most important one will be the team’s next head coaching hire.