- Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
Report: Cavs’ Search for New Head Coach Underway
- Updated: January 24, 2019
Reports state that the Cavs are interested in hiring a first-time NBA coach with a background in player development, but the Cavs have yet to reach out to any potential candidates.
Current head coach Larry Drew isn’t expected to be in contention for the job and it doesn’t sound like Drew wants to be in the running.
“I don’t know if I ever want to be a head coach again after this year,” Drew told The Athletic.
This year has not been an easy year for the Cavs. Former head coach Tyronn Lue was fired after just six games and things have not improved much since Drew took over. Cleveland currently claims a league-worst record of 9-40.
This season has been a disaster for the Cavaliers and rebounding in the offseason is crucial. The team will surely have a premium lottery pick in the draft despite the new lottery odds this year. Coupling the young talent with an up-and-coming coach could be the key to a successful rebuild in Cleveland.
Prior to the 2018-19 season, it wasn’t quite clear whether the Cavs were built to compete in the Eastern Conference. Now that it’s abundantly clear that Cleveland needs major changes, perhaps the most important one will be the team’s next head coaching hire.