- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Report: Cavs’ Search for New Head Coach Underway
- Updated: January 24, 2019
Reports state that the Cavs are interested in hiring a first-time NBA coach with a background in player development, but the Cavs have yet to reach out to any potential candidates.
Current head coach Larry Drew isn’t expected to be in contention for the job and it doesn’t sound like Drew wants to be in the running.
“I don’t know if I ever want to be a head coach again after this year,” Drew told The Athletic.
This year has not been an easy year for the Cavs. Former head coach Tyronn Lue was fired after just six games and things have not improved much since Drew took over. Cleveland currently claims a league-worst record of 9-40.
This season has been a disaster for the Cavaliers and rebounding in the offseason is crucial. The team will surely have a premium lottery pick in the draft despite the new lottery odds this year. Coupling the young talent with an up-and-coming coach could be the key to a successful rebuild in Cleveland.
Prior to the 2018-19 season, it wasn’t quite clear whether the Cavs were built to compete in the Eastern Conference. Now that it’s abundantly clear that Cleveland needs major changes, perhaps the most important one will be the team’s next head coaching hire.