- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
Report: Golden State Warriors Among Teams Interested in Rodney Hood
- Updated: January 22, 2019
According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, there are a handful of teams around the league who may be willing to deal for Hood.
“The Los Angeles Clippers are at least one team keeping an eye on Hood,” he wrote. “I’ve recently heard of interest from the [New Orleans] Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors and, yes, Golden State Warriors, too.”
That’s quite the list for a player who is averaging just 12.9 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 2.0 points per game this season.
Still, there’s no doubt that Hood is an attraction option for teams such as the Pelicans and Kings, who are fighting for playoff spots, or for teams like the Raptors and Warriors, who could very likely meet each other in this season’s NBA Finals.
At 6-foot-8 and just 26 years of age, Hood still has the potential to make another leap in his career.
Beyond that, he has shown an ability to have a huge impact in rotational minutes. For example, in three out of the last five games, Hood has finished with double-digit scoring nights in less than 28 minutes of playing time.
While he managed to score just four points in each of the other two games, Hood has proven that he has the ability to score in bunches.
When it comes to who might be dealt to Cleveland in return for Hood, Amico explained what fans can expect.
“Again, along with draft picks, the Cavs are in search of players with ‘bad’ multiyear contracts belonging to players who could be traded later, as well as younger players with promise, as noted by Joe Vardon of The Athletic,” he wrote.
With the deadline just a couple of weeks away, things in Cleveland could start to heat up really soon. Whether or not that results in Hood trading in the Wine and Gold for another NBA jersey remains to be seen.