- Report: Cavs Could Have 4 1st-Round Picks by June
- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
LeBron James Comments on Whether He Owes It to Cleveland to Stay After This Season
- Updated: October 17, 2017
On Tuesday, GQ Magazine published an interview with Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James in which the publication named him the greatest living athlete on earth. In the interview, James discussed what he believes he owes the city of Cleveland and its fans.
“LeBron James owes nobody anything,” he said. “Nobody. When my mother told me I don’t owe her anything, from that point in time, I don’t owe anybody anything. But what I will give to the city of Cleveland is passion, commitment, and inspiration. As long as I put that jersey on, that’s what I represent. That’s why I’m there—to inspire that city. But I don’t owe anybody anything.”
His answer may come as somewhat of a surprise to fans, but it cannot be denied that his passion, commitment, and inspiration has been instrumental in turning the Cavaliers into a perennial contender in the NBA.
James himself took to social media to promote the featured article.
There is no doubting what James has done for the city of Cleveland. While his future with the Cavaliers is still unknown, we can be sure that he will continue to do all he can to bring another championship to The Land as long as he’s wearing the Wine and Gold.