- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
J.R. Smith Gives G.O.A.T. Shoutout to LeBron James on His Birthday
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Cavs acquired Smith during the 2014-15 season, and while there were quite a few ups and downs during his time in Cleveland, there’s little doubt that the two players share quite a connection.
At the moment, Smith is not playing basketball for any professional team. While he is currently signed to the Cavs, the two sides parted ways back in late November. With the trade deadline quickly approaching, it will be interesting to see if the Cavs receive any calls regarding Smith.
One possible destination for for the sharpshooting veteran could be with James on the Los Angeles Lakers. While the Lakers have had a successful season thus far with their youth-filled roster, James is fond of playing alongside like-minded veterans with ample playoff experience. Smith could be an attractive option for that exact reason.
Whatever the future holds for Smith, it’s great to see that the bond shared between him and James remains strong.