- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
J.R. Smith Gives G.O.A.T. Shoutout to LeBron James on His Birthday
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Cavs acquired Smith during the 2014-15 season, and while there were quite a few ups and downs during his time in Cleveland, there’s little doubt that the two players share quite a connection.
At the moment, Smith is not playing basketball for any professional team. While he is currently signed to the Cavs, the two sides parted ways back in late November. With the trade deadline quickly approaching, it will be interesting to see if the Cavs receive any calls regarding Smith.
One possible destination for for the sharpshooting veteran could be with James on the Los Angeles Lakers. While the Lakers have had a successful season thus far with their youth-filled roster, James is fond of playing alongside like-minded veterans with ample playoff experience. Smith could be an attractive option for that exact reason.
Whatever the future holds for Smith, it’s great to see that the bond shared between him and James remains strong.