- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
J.R. Smith Gives G.O.A.T. Shoutout to LeBron James on His Birthday
- Updated: December 30, 2018
The Cavs acquired Smith during the 2014-15 season, and while there were quite a few ups and downs during his time in Cleveland, there’s little doubt that the two players share quite a connection.
At the moment, Smith is not playing basketball for any professional team. While he is currently signed to the Cavs, the two sides parted ways back in late November. With the trade deadline quickly approaching, it will be interesting to see if the Cavs receive any calls regarding Smith.
One possible destination for for the sharpshooting veteran could be with James on the Los Angeles Lakers. While the Lakers have had a successful season thus far with their youth-filled roster, James is fond of playing alongside like-minded veterans with ample playoff experience. Smith could be an attractive option for that exact reason.
Whatever the future holds for Smith, it’s great to see that the bond shared between him and James remains strong.